LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettylife521 View Post
    Isn't this how the boys do it over there at Waimea Bay when there's a big swell with that standing wave? How do they do that?
    behind the bay is the audibon bird thing and when it rains it fills up the lake real high. when it gets real full of water you can dig out the beach between the lake and the bay and then if you dig it right it makes a little standing wave from all the water draining out into the ocean. you gotta be careful not to have any open cuts or drink the water bc of all the runoff with pig feces and other animal crap

last summer I spent 18 days I novia scotia and pei only on 6 of those days was an extreme tide but I got too successfully ride the opening tidal bore wave 3 times. 1 of those days it was a 6 foot wave. illl findd pics and post.

There was a spot on Long Island many years ago (might still work, haven't been down there, heard there was a lot of environmental issues) that's a rivermouth. When the town would open the cut, it would make a really sick wave. It's the only time I ever surfed a rivermouth, and I'll probably never do it again. The locals there were brutal!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joyner View Post
    You can ride the James River in Va. I have surfed there and the Chesapeake Bay.
    I've seen waves big enough to surf in the James during Hurricane Isabel in 2003. Where have you surfed the James before? Huntington Beach?

Images

unusual waves

dog beach in manasquan inlet can get really good for a longboard with lefts that peel for about 200 yards, there is a shoal in barnegat inlet that breaks up to chest high but it's in the middle of the inlet the currents are wicked and its a long paddle, or in the winter and spring when the wind is really hard west, the west side of cape may on the delaware bay is rideable with 1-3 foot onshore chop, there are jetties that can jack the waves up enough and the better breaks are within a mile or two of the ferry, too far north and the bottom gets too flat, surfed in january one year with a quad and it was actually ripable BUT it was 35 degrees out with a 35mph west wind in my face, i also share the interest in unusual waves and I have dreams about perfect barnegat bay all the time

Great Lakes Surfers, one of my favorite parts of "Step Into Liquid"

anyone ever see the videos or pictures of people surfing rivers in like munich germany its sick like i wish i could like walk into the woods and just go surf the river with no one there thatd be sickest thing ever i dream about it all day

i always dream about how cool it would be to look out of your house at your local creek or lake and just see waves...its an awesome dream...

Quote Originally Posted by matthwh610 View Post
    I've seen waves big enough to surf in the James during Hurricane Isabel in 2003. Where have you surfed the James before? Huntington Beach?

tell me about this? how big was it?

chris share your story as well..

Images
    On big hurricane swells, or even big noreaster swells. The Manasquan Inlet will hold the swell, so it'll wrap around perfectly for a good 600+ foot point break at Fisherman's Cove.