LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Hi all! I'm the new guy.

New guy here. In good old suckachusetts. Wanted to say hi before posting questions and whatnot. Ill try my best to ask good ones, and yes, I know the search feature well. I consider myself New to the sport, did it a handful of times as a kid (28 now). I think I'll pick up quick where I left off. <br />I don't have a single friend that goes, literally not one. Should be interesting showing up to some spots to say the least.

Images
    MichaelJR the most dysfunctional family you will ever meet, WELCOMES YOU!!!

Hi, I'm the somewhat funny complete jerk off.

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    New guy here. In good old suckachusetts. Wanted to say hi before posting questions and whatnot. Ill try my best to ask good ones, and yes, I know the search feature well. I consider myself New to the sport, did it a handful of times as a kid (28 now). I think I'll pick up quick where I left off. <br />I don't have a single friend that goes, literally not one. Should be interesting showing up to some spots to say the least.
    massivetwo****s eh?

Quote Originally Posted by fl.surfdog View Post
    MichaelJR the most dysfunctional family you will ever meet, WELCOMES YOU!!!
    Sounds good to me! Nothing beats an awkward thanksgiving dinner, sign me up. Only if dirty uncle George is there though.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    Hi, I'm the somewhat funny complete jerk off.

Welcome
    Rock and roll. I can appreciate honesty all day.

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    massivetwo****s eh?
    Yeah this place sucks.

I'm eyeing the space coast/sebastian area HARD once I'm all done with school. 74 degree water, from what I hear decent surfing (I'm really trying to embrace it all the way, everyone I've met that surfs is super positive and happy), certainly a better climate all around.
    This place isn't conducive to my lifestyle, I love being outdoors. Oct - early May is basically sucky on a good day.

Oh. Please don't burn me at the stake for this...I know some people have reservations about them.

I bought a 8' softtop. Greco, had good reviews online (although I'm skeptical of the interwebs)

Two legitimate reasons though (at least I think they are, but I'm clueless) :
    1) it was cheap, and I won't cry when I bang it around learning.
    2) I'm passing it off to the lady when I 'outgrow' it.

Goodbye sweet world, please make it quick.

Images
    your a *** man, what type of souless surfer buys a soft top, only hardcore watermen surf solid tops and kooks to. you embarrassed me boy and this whole forum by buying a soft top. you just need to quit before you start. i hope someone cuts your leash.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    your a *** man, what type of souless surfer buys a soft top, only hardcore watermen surf solid tops and kooks to. you embarrassed me boy and this whole forum by buying a soft top. you just need to quit before you start. i hope someone cuts your leash.
    May god have mercy on my soul.

Honestly though, my buddy (who strangely doesn't surf, didn't mention that, go figure) is tossing me some old retro fish he has once I have my bearings, and Craigslist has been solid for fun boards up here as of late. Hoping I'll score something in June. The fish is Pretty banged up but it floats. I was looking at the soft as killing two birds with one stone.
    Last edited by MichaelJR; May 5, 2014 at 12:13 AM.