LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    And to think our populace considers Jimmy Carter's zenith of achievement to be the Camp David Accords. No one gives him props for his heyday of serial bank robbery and set wave shreddery.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    Do I need a fiberglass custom and 700 dollar wetsuit first? Or do I need a shark story? Let me know, I'm dying for your approval, I'll wake up in cold sweats knowing you're not thinking about me.
    when i paddled out to my secret spot last november in my o'neill heat wetsuit on my 9'6" jack haley old school custom log, i saw a shark........ then i paddled for the next wave, pearled face first, swallowed a stomach full of saltwater, then came up coughing like a drowning toddler. true story.
    Last edited by bilthy; May 8, 2014 at 01:18 AM.

I don't know if this sounds off, but I'm actually pumped to see a shark in the wild.
    ha...well, that won't take long...they'll be jumpin' all around you.

Welcome Gruvi Jr. Now let's talk about a logo we can slap on your new board.

I believe this one is takenGruvi.jpeg

To it's thier own.
    Last edited by Koki Barrels; May 8, 2014 at 01:18 AM.

When do I get my approval letter? Do I need a fiberglass custom and 700 dollar wetsuit first? Or do I need a shark story? Let me know, I'm dying for your approval, I'll wake up in cold sweats knowing you're not thinking about me.
    No, you will need a $1,499,999 Roy canoe and a $1700 wetsuit plus a story of you fighting off a Bull or White with your bare hands and even then we will probably still not give you the approval you seek. If you really want respect from SI go charge 23 ft Belmar, make highly overpriced wooden boards and drive a white windowless van while preying on little boys.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    ha...well, that won't take long...they'll be jumpin' all around you.

Welcome Gruvi Jr. Now let's talk about a logo we can slap on your new board.

I believe this one is takenGruvi.jpeg

To it's thier own.

DUDE! That would make a sweeeeet aviator for the new guy!

New guy- mr Michael j fox - grab up that aviator- cut and paste bro!

See ya in the lineup at Belmar, NJ...

As long as you buy a Channel Island and paddle it straight through the waves breaking at the lineup, you'll fit right in here in NY. Also, don't worry about dropping in, we respect people who take initiative and claim their waves.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    No, you will need a $1,499,999 Roy canoe and a $1700 wetsuit plus a story of you fighting off a Bull or White with your bare hands and even then we will probably still not give you the approval you seek. If you really want respect from SI go charge 23 ft Belmar, make highly overpriced wooden boards and drive a white windowless van while preying on little boys.
    The windowless white van is important.

Quote Originally Posted by misfit27 View Post
    As long as you buy a Channel Island and paddle it straight through the waves breaking at the lineup, you'll fit right in here in NY. Also, don't worry about dropping in, we respect people who take initiative and claim their waves.
    Dude this is by far the best advice so in this thread! I really want to see the OP do this.

Quote Originally Posted by misfit27 View Post
    Dude, he doesn't have to buy a CI to fit in. Last Friday, there was a guy who spent an hour inflating his SUP, only to get denied, and a couple without boots or gloves who tried to surf the gutless whitewater right in the rip. His soft Greco will fit right in!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRicky View Post
    "Most people are super hard behind a computer."
    Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. Don't get so upset.
    MANY of these types are actually retired opthamologists stuck in a double room
    in an old folks home in davenport, iowa.