Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit27 View Post
    As long as you buy a Channel Island and paddle it straight through the waves breaking at the lineup, you'll fit right in here in NY. Also, don't worry about dropping in, we respect people who take initiative and claim their waves.
    Dude this is by far the best advice so in this thread! I really want to see the OP do this.

Quote Originally Posted by misfit27 View Post
    As long as you buy a Channel Island and paddle it straight through the waves breaking at the lineup, you'll fit right in here in NY. Also, don't worry about dropping in, we respect people who take initiative and claim their waves.
    Dude, he doesn't have to buy a CI to fit in. Last Friday, there was a guy who spent an hour inflating his SUP, only to get denied, and a couple without boots or gloves who tried to surf the gutless whitewater right in the rip. His soft Greco will fit right in!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRicky View Post
    "Most people are super hard behind a computer."
    Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. Don't get so upset.
    MANY of these types are actually retired opthamologists stuck in a double room
    in an old folks home in davenport, iowa.

Hi MichaelJR,,, recognize your username from NES. Also brand spankin new to surfing, but just wanted to say Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
    Hi MichaelJR,,, recognize your username from NES. Also brand spankin new to surfing, but just wanted to say Hi.
    NES in the house?! Rock and roll!

Images
    Nintendo Entertainment System? WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Sobx View Post
    Nintendo Entertainment System? WTF
    Nah man, it's a gun thing. I sorta know him through a gun community.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    Nah man, it's a gun thing. I sorta know him through a gun community.
    This is when we found out MJR's affinity for firearms. Until later, we thought he'd been looking into big wave boards prematurely lol

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    Yeah this place sucks.

I'm eyeing the space coast/sebastian area HARD once I'm all done with school. 74 degree water, from what I hear decent surfing (I'm really trying to embrace it all the way, everyone I've met that surfs is super positive and happy), certainly a better climate all around.
    This place isn't conducive to my lifestyle, I love being outdoors. Oct - early May is basically sucky on a good day.
    Yeah massachusettes sucks alright... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7J_B4QqBkVI