LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    Yeah go to florida dude, you wouldnt like surfing here
    What's decent in New England? Not looking to poach anyone's spots, just trying to get my bearings. Newport is a given, few sports in NH. Other than that I'm clueless.

Images
    This guy's quiver shall exceed Spiccoli's soon.

".... This board doesn't work, I need to get a new one."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post

So yeah, if it's warm, surf friendly, and I can bring my guns, count me in.
    Welcome to the south. Just bought a house down here in South Carolina. The house came with a .40 cal S&W. I actually don't think you are allowed to live in this state if you DON'T have at least one gun.

Me and my brother in law were busting off his muzzle loader in the street on New Year's. No one even blinked an eye.

We welcome soft top gun slinging newbies to the Gunshine State. That's exactly what we need with our right to shoot first gun laws (its illegal to fire a warning shot, so pull to shoot, and shoot to kill). The fishing is great, the water is warm, and you will have no trouble making friends down here in the dirty souff. Keep the soft top, don't sell it, once you learn you can always use it to teach a wahine, or for summer time flat spells. Heck you could probably mount a harpoon on the deck and go gunning for sea turtles or sharks when its flat.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Welcome to the south. Just bought a house down here in South Carolina. The house came with a .40 cal S&W. I actually don't think you are allowed to live in this state if you DON'T have at least one gun.

Me and my brother in law were busting off his muzzle loader in the street on New Year's. No one even blinked an eye.
    I do love the south. No question about it.

The lady lived in SC for a few. Loved it, but she's digging Florida too.

I'm just jealous you're below the mason Dixon, weather must be warming up by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    This guy's quiver shall exceed Spiccoli's soon.

".... This board doesn't work, I need to get a new one."
    Don't tell my lady that, she thinks I have too many guns. At least those I can hide in the safe. Gun guys motto when it comes to the gf/wife: I pray she never sells them for what I said they cost.

Now that we are on that topic, I wakeboard all summer usually. I feel like I'll be able to pick up on surfing real quick. What board should I be eyeing next? I won't sell the softie, I plan on passing it to her so she can learn. I can't get a two articles to line up as to what direction one should go in for second board. I know it might sound like I'm jumping the gun, but I do plan on jumping in with both feet, and hitting whatever is around.
    Last edited by MichaelJR; May 5, 2014 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    I feel like I'll be able to pick up on surfing real quick. What board should I be eyeing next?
    Wait, so you've never actually caught a wave on the only board you currently own; but you're already looking to score something else? You know that guy on the firing line with that really fancy RR all dressed up with every gadget you can think of on the rails, looking down range through a $1000 Eotech; but can't hit the side of a barn at 50yds? What do you call those guys?

Crawl before you can walk, walk before you can run, train before you take on a marathon. It's only a layback when you get back up, otherwise it's a fall over. Nice thing about surfing is, the ocean ain't goin nowherez.

Summer is coming. ~ Gaffer family motto

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Wait, so you've never actually caught a wave on the only board you currently own; but you're already looking to score something else? You know that guy on the firing line with that really fancy RR all dressed up with every gadget you can think of on the rails, looking down range through a $1000 Eotech; but can't hit the side of a barn at 50yds? What do you call those guys?

Crawl before you can walk, walk before you can run, train before you take on a marathon. It's only a layback when you get back up, otherwise it's a fall over. Nice thing about surfing is, the ocean ain't goin nowherez.

Summer is coming. ~ Gaffer family motto
    I 100% don't want to be "that guy". I know exactly who you're talking about.

"Dude check out my new ----, it's the tops"
    "Sick there's a group of us training up north Sunday, some run and gun, you should come with."
    "No man I think I'm sick Sunday, but I'm down to plink on a bench rest and take 150 shots to establish zero"

Good analogy, and advice certainly heeded.

You'll be killing it in no time. Just remember to shuffle your feet. Hit me up if you're ever on the Left Coast. Can't recommend any good ranges; the nearest one with anything over 300yds is a good hour away from me in delzura; but we do okay when it comes to waves.

I don't know if this sounds off, but I'm actually pumped to see a shark in the wild.