LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Not to rub the salt in, but man...you missed it bro. You could've had access to Mugu. I would give the left one for that.
    I know what you mean. I've seen some of the vids of the open and military surf competitions the Navy holds there.

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Not laughable at all. It's NORMAL to wear a wetsuit in May in California. lol.

I wear a 4/3(I don't own a 3/2) in 60 water. Perfectly comfortable. So do lots of other people. Different people have different tolerances. Haven't we been through this about a 10000000 times. Really a need to call someone out for that?
    Looks like you're wielding guns on several treads at once.

I called the dude out because he flipped a lid on zach when zach was being reasonable, fairly respectful and clarifying why people don't like the WC gloating. Do you see Gaffer gratuitously providing the play-by-play for sessions in diary format? No. Which is why his occasional accounts of the dope sesh are well-received here.

The point of contention in the wetty of choice was meaningless and my main intention was to back zach up there. Furthermore, wearing a 4/3 in 64 degree water (it wasn't 60 - I check Salt Creek report most days of the week) is not wearing "a wetsuit in May in California". It's over-rubberizing yourself by two levels. 2/2 SS full suit is the norm at that water temp in 70s-80s air temps (that's what it's been this past week in San Clemente/Dana Point) if not that then a 3/2.

If someone paddles out in August in a 7/6mm and they're a pretty cool dude, I'm not gonna say a thing about their choice of wetty. You're missing the point bro. It wasn't about the dude's wetty. Now put me on ignore so no one ever has to read our garbage again.

Water's 55f. Glad to hear you trunk it at 38, but based on your avatar, you are apparently some sort of weird little kangaroo rat skurfer thing and all that fur must help out. Feel free to point me to a surf forum where people don't get all butt-hurt when you actually talk about waves. For now, I'll stay here and annoy the crap out of all yall with a daily report.

5/7: Less wind today, but also less swell. Winds were more onshore and it just looked pretty junky. Ran again. Sunny and breezy otherwise. Waist+, VAS most everywhere, and not all that great even in the sheltered spots. The good news is that this westerly windswell is like miracl gro for the sandbars, which got wiped out by a early season storm.

Tomorrow looks calmer and flatter. Maybe some SW forerunners Friday. But, based on historical averages, the SW won't show up until 2 days after it's forecast to hit.

5/7: Rode the Carver after midnight because mrcoop's post got me stoked. Wanted to pay more attention to my mechanics when I'm really trying to pump for speed on it so he and I can talk about that next. Barely got sleep. Woke up at dawn. Sun was warm from the start of the day. Thought about going out for breakfast but made it here since I went food shopping last night. Lots of organic stuff - no chemi in there. Ate and then watched the flatness outside my door. Toe+ with top of the foot on the sneaker sets. Hopefully we can get up to just below ankle by the weekend. Then I can wash the sand off my feet with ease. Took a dump after checking the no swell then got started on my day's work. Listened to ska punk with some dubstep in between while I cranked out my morning work. Task management was solid this morning but hit a sticking point when my blood sugar got too low. Ate some healthy snacks with low-glycemic carbs. Watched people pick up sea glass off the beach while I cranked out emails and calls. Checked SI and had some laughs. Don't know why I have no enemies on that forum anymore. Even Gaffer seems to not hate me now because he understands my geo-ethnicity's daily uphill battle. That's positive because understanding helps us overcome narrow-minded thinking. Maybe on my next SD trip he will take me up on the fish taco offer. Probably not. Looked out at flatness again and wondered if spring swell is ever coming back but then appreciated how the sun was reflecting off the stillwater. Took another dump and pissed a few times. It's good to stay hydrated. Took note of the Coriolis effect each time I flushed. Started to wonder if Big Brother has a toilet cam looking back up our keesters, then thought better of it since that's faulty gov't spending. Did some more work then sat in the sun for about 30 minutes while I did some more work. Trunked it in the sun and didn't even think about putting a wetty on for that basking. Winds were light offshore in the morning but that didn't matter since swell was 0.2" @ 1s. Who needs NOAA buoys at that point? Just get an anemometer/thermometer combo. You don't even need to know millimeters mercury in that sad situation. Winds went onshore and got stronger and a bit chilly by early afternoon. Sun was still warm. Would've hit the Carver mid-afternoon but workouts have been heavy this week and a day of rest is good. Got some errands done but you guys don't want to hear about that nonsense. Came back to the crib and did some more work. Revised and updated my to-do lists and had a moment of gratitude that I still am free of the abhorrent honey-do list.

Tomorrow looks just as flat, if not flatter. But warmer and still sunny. Maybe some peelers that dampen my Achilles' tendons by Friday, can't get greedy though. Buuuutttttt......based on pure speculation and voodoo the 10 o'clock show is identical to the 7 o'clock show.

Stick around guys, in a few hours I'll update you with the 5/7.5 report!!!

Images
    I ate an apple for breakfast.

I took a poop at about 11:30.

The temperature rose about 3 degrees between noon and 1 today...

I will tell you guys what I watch on TV tonight when I get back online tomorrow morning.

Stay tuned.

Ohh, and its flat.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
    Water's 55f. Glad to hear you trunk it at 38, but based on your avatar, you are apparently some sort of weird little kangaroo rat skurfer thing and all that fur must help out. Feel free to point me to a surf forum where people don't get all butt-hurt when you actually talk about waves. For now, I'll stay here and annoy the crap out of all yall with a daily report.

5/7: Less wind today, but also less swell. Winds were more onshore and it just looked pretty junky. Ran again. Sunny and breezy otherwise. Waist+, VAS most everywhere, and not all that great even in the sheltered spots. The good news is that this westerly windswell is like miracl gro for the sandbars, which got wiped out by a early season storm.

Tomorrow looks calmer and flatter. Maybe some SW forerunners Friday. But, based on historical averages, the SW won't show up until 2 days after it's forecast to hit.
    Just giving you a hard time dude. But, if you want to know the truth. There is a place for you to do this. Click on the section that says "SURF REPORT" and then click "SUBMIT SURF REPORT" and that way, people can go and read your surf report. There are many features on this site that you may want to look into. Just saying. Have fun.

I always try and post a surf report after a session. I just put it where the surf reports belong. You are actually giving people a good service, if you post this stuff right after your session, in the right place, so people at work can get some advice on where of when to go out when they can, but posting it a day later doesn't really do anyone any favors.... Surf reports are GREAT, when used properly.

TMI dude. You've got a place on the beach on the North Shore and you work from home? Nice. That area is pretty when it's not hailing. I used to ride Deaveraux and Nahant on my lunch.

You could sell your place and probably afford something within biking distance of good surf out here since you work from home. Then again, in your shoes, I'd sell and move somewhere with warmer water and more surf than CA.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Just giving you a hard time dude. But, if you want to know the truth. There is a place for you to do this. Click on the section that says "SURF REPORT" and then click "SUBMIT SURF REPORT" and that way, people can go and read your surf report. There are many features on this site that you may want to look into. Just saying. Have fun.
    I know, dude and I honestly don't care. I'm not here to make friends. Just talk BS.

I didn't know about the reports. That's cool, nice outlet for my stoke. I'll post my reports there, and just talk about good seshs. So you were giving me good advice all along. Thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
    TMI dude.
    Epiphanic enlightenment and liberating rapture can be found in an awareness of our projections on others.

WHAPPAH!