LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Luquillo has seen better days, way back. Best not to hang there. After the Navy left Roosevelt Roads it started downhill fast.
    Waves are gone, bro. You're at least a week late and there's nothing on the horizon, except for waist high wind swell, pretty weak stuff..park at Jobo's if you can find a spot, but leave your bro at the car with a machete while you surf...take turns at it. seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tropic surfer View Post
    Luquillo has seen better days, way back. Best not to hang there. After the Navy left Roosevelt Roads it started downhill fast.
    Waves are gone, bro. You're at least a week late and there's nothing on the horizon, except for waist high wind swell, pretty weak stuff..park at Jobo's if you can find a spot, but leave your bro at the car with a machete while you surf...take turns at it. seriously.
    a good way to surf jobos is to NOT PARK there…amble up the beach then amble back down it...

Quote Originally Posted by ZBro View Post
    Me and my bro are from Jersey and came down to PR for a great getaway after this semester and cold. I surfed all winter back home in my 5mil surviving in 35 degree waters for head high swells. PR is deffinitely a bit different from jersey haha. Considering the only other place ive been is Salt Creek in Cali, a reef break is also pretty different. My brother doesn't surf or sponge so id be hitting those spots alone which is a hard idea to wrap my head around.
    Me and my bro are staying in a nice resort away from the mainland in a hotel in Coco Beach. We went to Luquillo this morning to check it out and the surf and talk about getting hit by surprise.. a beautiful beach with a great possible break at La Pared but the area is just not that great and sketchy. Got a little hour session of about waist high waves before bailing after getting some nasty looks from people on the top of the wall.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for a spot to possible meet some locals who dont wanna kill us on site, had some decent waves as a sand break, rock break or not too crazy of a reef? I've been looking up La Ocho because it is close to where we are, but again its a reef and paddling out alone sends chills down my spine. Even if theres any local shops i could stop by to talk to some guys would be helpful.

Thanks guys
    You're on the wrong side of the island dude.
    Did you come across "Rincon" in any of your searches for surf?
    Drive 3 hours west to Rincon...plenty of places to surf, and I guarantee you won't be alone.

Yo bro rent a car. Check ur forecast n don't bring the ny attitude and ya may have a chance. Not a lot of waves to go around on flat days but fun to be had if ya go west!

5. Is Cabanas de Gonzalez on the beach in Jobos still open? Stayed there a long time ago and had the best week of surf in my life.