LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: 5' 10" Fish

Hybrid View

Images

5' 10" Fish

Hi I have just recently went to a local surf shop and was told to get a 5' 10", quad fin, round nose fish. I am 5'3" and 130lbs. I usually surf anywhere from waist to overhead high surf. I have been using a 6'4" short board and it wasn't responsive at all. I am an intermediate surfer who is looking for a more responsive board. Is this the board for me?

Thank you for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by ImpactSurf View Post
    Hi I have just recently went to a local surf shop and was told to get a 5' 10", quad fin, round nose fish. I am 5'3" and 130lbs. I usually surf anywhere from waist to overhead high surf. I have been using a 6'4" short board and it wasn't responsive at all. I am an intermediate surfer who is looking for a more responsive board. Is this the board for me?

Thank you for your help!
    the 5'10" RNF sounds like a good size. It will def be looser feeling (i guess thats what you mean by responsive) than the 6'4. When the surf gets legit overhead and hollow, you'll probably be back on the 6'4" but for summer weak waist - chest surf, its gonna be a hell of a lot more fun on the 5'10"

3. At 5'3 130lbs why dont you get a 5'5 lost rnf im 6'3 220 and i ride a 6'4 shortboard just like you and have ridden 5'10 fish and 5'10 retro fish you def. could go smaller even a 5'10 quad or something would work

ill sell you a fire wire futura one year old board that would be perfect for youu

Images
    Do you think the 5'10" Round nose fish will hold up in surf from head high to overhead because i don't have the 6'4" anymore. It was my friends.

(The 5'10" Round Nose Fish was based off of the Lost Round Nose Fish)

yeah i have a 5'10 lost round nose fish quad and its my baby im like 5'4 145 and the thing rides so nice dude and i ride it more than any of my other boards like my flyer and such

Images

Well...

i use my 5'10 quad fish in anything from knee to pretty much head high.....once it starts getting bigger than overhead i'll talke out my 6'3 performance board(al chemist) ....but the fish is great for a summer surfer if thats what you are