LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Thanks for the unprovoked trolling a-holes.
    Since SIMOD4 decided to give me a point AND delete my post I will try again. Shark-Humper I said you are welcome for the unprovoked trolling and posted a picture calling you a naughty word. But in all honesty you really think anyone taking shots at you is "unprovoked"?

wax where your hands grab the board. dont wax the bottom unless its up near the top by the nose bulbs. there is such thing as too much wax on the stomach area as there is alot of suttle shifting and movements that are sometimes necessary.

I didn't know people waxed sponges,i thought from laying down if u wax the deck your going to have some roadrash on your chest.i can see the rails would be good to wax so u have a good grip.im gonna start sponging this summer for the 2 inch days and break out the board when its above 3 ft.most of my surfspots have been replenished into a shorebreak death slab so id rather boogie than break another board

u know what im gonna take it up a notch im gonna start noodle surfing.u know those pool noodles,im gonna put on some fins and surf with that,so watch out for the summer im going to make history when the hurricanes slide through

one more thing id like to add for the spongers,go surf with a mcdonalds tray.its insane,superfast,I bodysurfed with them but I guess its closer to bb so give it a try,they are super light so u go real fast

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    one more thing id like to add for the spongers,go surf with a mcdonalds tray.its insane,superfast,I bodysurfed with them but I guess its closer to bb so give it a try,they are super light so u go real fast
    yep superfast, but in order to procure one you need to go to a McDonalds
    I have a mat, time to bust it out now that its 'flat'

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    I'm sure that's great for you "surfing" straight down the face into the flats. You have fun with that.

For those of us who, at the minimum, bottom turn, yes, you need to wax your booger. Coat everywhere you put your hands on the nose and rails. Put a light coat mid deck. Maybe just a few swipes at the tail; you don't want that too sticky. Optional to rub in sand.

All this will make your lid look like crap if it's white or some light color.

Just like on a surfboard, sandy wax will rash you up if you have no muscle tone and lay flat to paddle like Inland Johnny from Omaha.

Quote Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
    Coat everywhere you put your hands on the nose and rails. Put a light coat mid deck. Maybe just a few swipes at the tail; you don't want that too sticky. Optional to rub in sand.

All this will make your lid look like crap if it's white or some light color.

Just like on a surfboard, sandy wax will rash you up if you have no muscle tone and lay flat to paddle like Inland Johnny from Omaha.
    How do you stop sand from getting on the wax? Now that there is wax on my board, if it gets sand on it(lay it on the beach), will the sand stick to it?

A waxed lid will look like crap after a while because the wax will discolor. No avoiding it, and you can't scrape and re-wax like a surfboard. You can speed the process by rubbing black volcanic sand into the deck like I did with my Toobs. You can avoid lookind craptastic by getting a black deck. But, honestly, who cares? It's not a fashion statement.

Yes, sand will get into even old wax. Less in cold weather. Are you seriously asking how to keep sand out of your boogers?
    Don't set it on the ground.
    Surf only cobblestone beaches.
    Jump off the pier and buy a new board every session.
    Hire a boat and have them drop you off and pick you up from the break.
    Laminate your board.
    Only surf when the beach is covered in 2' or more of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
    A waxed lid will look like crap after a while because the wax will discolor. No avoiding it, and you can't scrape and re-wax like a surfboard. You can speed the process by rubbing black volcanic sand into the deck like I did with my Toobs. You can avoid lookind craptastic by getting a black deck. But, honestly, who cares? It's not a fashion statement.

Yes, sand will get into even old wax. Less in cold weather. Are you seriously asking how to keep sand out of your boogers?
    Don't set it on the ground.
    Surf only cobblestone beaches.
    Jump off the pier and buy a new board every session.
    Hire a boat and have them drop you off and pick you up from the break.
    Laminate your board.
    Only surf when the beach is covered in 2' or more of snow.
    I'm not worried about the looks, but figure it will feel like sandpaper and be uncomfortable with sand stuck in it. I'll try to avoid putting it down on the beach I guess.