LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 67
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Out Killing Gnomes
    Posts
    2,300
    Quote Originally Posted by livesurfish View Post
    I wax my board on the nose and the rails and the top
    You silly teens, all you do is wax on and whack off!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    It's funny because I never had to wax before. Really depends on the board. This board was like as slippery as an eel. lol Had some funny **** happen out there sliding off like a complete kook! haha My last board wasn't slippery at all. Even first time. Their both same deck material. Obviously different finish to make it look shiny! Oh and the thing I also really like about this board is that it's got the slightest bit of rocker to it. Makes spins easier and makes it really turn easy and maneuverable.
    Go wax your a$$

  3. #33
    waxing a booger...now I've heard everything.

    Go wax your taint. Go Full Brazilian or Go Home.

  4. #34
    It's up to you how you want to wax it, I just put a little in the middle on the stomach area I don't think it's needed for the nose and rails I also dk and i never user the wall for that either and I never had any problems but that's just me, if you want to take wax off just put your shower water on extremely hot and put the board under it let some of the wax melt off then take the rest off with the wax comb just shut your drain so no wax gets down there, i do it for every season change

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ocean County NJ
    Posts
    1,101
    Images
    1
    Oh, the irony! You don't know the basics of your equipment and chosen sport, yet you're a swell expert that we should all bow to.

    You're something special buddy.
    Last edited by Doug; May 8, 2014 at 05:06 PM. Reason: 're

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Out Killing Gnomes
    Posts
    2,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Oh, the irony! You don't know the basics of your equipment and chosen sport, yet you're a swell expert that we should all bow to.

    Your something special buddy.
    Exactly! This was what I was thinking this whole thread. Shart Huffer talks on here like he is the king of the waves then ask a noob question like this? Shart Sniffer have you ever caught a wave?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tinton Falls, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    511
    Images
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by livesurfish View Post
    I wax my board on the nose and the rails and the top
    Same here...

    You want to wax where you are gripping the board and also where your forearms go. If you ride DK, then it will be different. Where your abdomen goes, you want to be able to slide up and back on the board, so don't want to wax heavily here (I will often put a bit of wax in the middle if it is a new board and really slick).

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tinton Falls, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    511
    Images
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    Exactly! This was what I was thinking this whole thread. Shart Huffer talks on here like he is the king of the waves then ask a noob question like this? Shart Sniffer have you ever caught a wave?
    Not everyone is an expert. And everyone needs advice in the beginning. Whether it is a surfboard or a bodyboard, its a valid question.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnykans View Post
    if you want to take wax off just put your shower water on extremely hot and put the board under it let some of the wax melt off then take the rest off with the wax comb just shut your drain so no wax gets down there, i do it for every season change
    Not a terrible idea, but I'd be worried about futzing up my shower. I tried stripping wax from a lid on a hot day, but it just left a film imbedded in the foam, so I haven't bothered since. Just throw a little new wax on the spots where it gets rubbed off over time.

    That said, after putting on a fresh coat, I usually farm my first wave out of the gate because there's too much stick and not enough slide. After a few waves you wear it in.

    Yes, different deck material requires different wax. Speaking of materials; anyone have a Manta in the 2000 time frame? They were using some sort of weird semi-rough bottom material instead of surlyn or whatever slick most use. That stuff loved and held ink really well, so I had a mad mural on the bottom. That was launch encouragement, though I rarely stuck anything.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ocean County NJ
    Posts
    1,101
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SI_Admin View Post
    Not everyone is an expert. And everyone needs advice in the beginning. Whether it is a surfboard or a bodyboard, its a valid question.
    No doubt.

    The irony of this question coming from this self proclaimed swell expert is unfathomable though.

    I feel like you guys aren't calling him out on it just because he's a fellow body boarder. Screw that.