LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Bertha, please.

Hybrid View

Bertha, please.

Atleast a groundswell, right?

Images
    should see something by the end of the work week. Its a small storm in circumference , but the track right now is looking pretty good.

so if this depression keeps on the predicted track, how long will it take for the swells to start rolling up on the coast ?

Images
    should start to see some bertha swell fill in on Thursday and into Friday. Should have some bertha swell hold into the weekend. Hopefully winds cooperate.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Jul 6, 2008 at 08:10 PM.

I will be getting into wrightsville on monday, any chance there will still be swell?

swellinfo,

I was looking at the sat images and it looks like once not-so-big-bertha starts turning more towards the north that she might stall for a spell and strengthen a bit. I could be wrong though. I have been before.

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/wxmap_cgi...dtg=2008070706

My guess is only exposed breaks will get it, WB, maybe washout and def. north of WB. The swell window is decreasing rapidly for this area, it will take alot of energy to get here from the track it is taking and the circumference of the storm. Looks like the North East will yet again grab another classic swell. Like the moderator says, winds will be the determinant.