LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Temp

Water Temp

I have a 6/5 and a 4/3. What should I use now out in Long Beach? I have used my 6/5 cause I don't want to be cold and have to get out. Would a 4/3 be plenty warm?

Images
    Last week I was cozy in 4-3 hooded. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyb View Post
    Last week I was cozy in 4-3 hooded. Good luck
    4/3 with 3/2 coming soon….

ok sick, my 4/3 doesn't have a hood and non attached ones suck. i am gonna rock that tomorrow and see how it goes. thanks

Thought this was gonna be a cool thread simply celebrating the belated rise of water temps but it ends up being another damn upwelling of the "which wetty do I wear?!?!?!?" tread.

In other news...it's pushing 50F in the drink in EMass. Hollahhhhhh!!!!

Images
    wtf man really... i cant even believe im reading this. i mean if you've been using 6/4 all winter(i ment 6/5) i think you would know when to tone it down, dont be a ***** get a little cold you wont die..
    Last edited by sandblasters; May 9, 2014 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    wtf man really... i cant even believe im reading this. i mean if youve been useding a 6/4 all winter i think you would know when to tone it down, dont be a ***** get a little cold you wont die.
    6/4? What's that?

"Cause I'm rollin' in my 6-4"
    Dr. Dre, Let Me Ride

Images
    seriously...i used a 5/3 all winter in Maine (due to lack of funds to purchase a proper winter suit) and was able to stay out for 2 hours (or more) at a time...even in 2* air and 36* water with 20-30 mph offshores (though i almost got towed and had to get out early on that one).

SO, i'd suggest the 4/3 or possibly less depending on air temp/sun exposure, or your gonna bake and get out early 'cause your so thirsty from sweating/dehydration

In roughly a week, VB water temps have gone from low 50s to low 60s and pretty much flat the whole time.

Maybe for all the OPs that ask the forum what wetty they should wear on which day we can borrow their skin like in Being John Malkovich then we'd know what they can or can't tolerate. How bout it?