LOGIN | REGISTER

Thumbs up RIO DE JANIERO air show contest

the flyboys are back and many of us like it. i started a new contest thread cause the last
    one seemed to croak. i like nat/medina/felipe - how bout you?

Felip is the man. If he was white, or from aus haw or US the surf media would be all over his bag but in typical fashion he gets shunned because he is brazilian. Lame....guy rips

I got a few good air guys on my FS team. Medina, John John, and Kerr. I also have Mick, Nat, Owen Wright, and Atkinson. I think all these guys could win it if the waves get more turn oriented except for Atkinson, though I do think he is capable of a respectable finish. Those 3 air guys are my favorites for this event since there great with both airs and turns.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ukelelesurf View Post
    Felip is the man. If he was white, or from aus haw or US the surf media would be all over his bag but in typical fashion he gets shunned because he is brazilian. Lame....guy rips
    He seems like a pretty stoked and cool dude too. I haven't surfed with him, so who knows if he fits the Brazo stereo type in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    He seems like a pretty stoked and cool dude too. I haven't surfed with him, so who knows if he fits the Brazo stereo type in the water.
    one time i had tons of fun surfing mancora (no. peru) with a hotel full of brazileros. i was the only gringo
    in town and they adopted me; kinda like a pet.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Probably does. Hate to be "that guy" but I have yet to meet one who doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    one time i had tons of fun surfing mancora (no. peru) with a hotel full of brazileros. i was the only gringo
    in town and they adopted me; kinda like a pet.
    that's how brazzos are.they are kind and loving and offer lots of coronas.

as far as the rio contest goes,i havnt caught it live nor reviewed the reviews.its boring watching the worlds best struggle to win a heat with a 4.5 2 wave total.i don't care for the surf spot inequality,the contest would be better if they ran it in the great lakes