LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    I'm still not sure exactly what is being suggested.

    Anyone who wants to ride one can do so by paying, are you advocating a fin welfare programme?

    A few individuals have received free fins, but no mass giveaways will occur.
    Unkempt beard bro, all I'm advocating is the usage of American English on an American surf forum. If you fancy the anti-Websterian spelling that promotes lack of phonetics then head over to the MSW blokes' domain. If you knew much about enterprise you'd have awareness that it's not potential consumers' duty to fund the trial of overpriced products that may not even serve their lofty purpose. Maybe you should head over to Fantasyland where the chargers throw around play money without budgetary consequence.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Unkempt beard bro, all I'm advocating is the usage of American English on an American surf forum. If you fancy the anti-Websterian spelling that promotes lack of phonetics then head over to the MSW blokes' domain. If you knew much about enterprise you'd have awareness that it's not potential consumers' duty to fund the trial of overpriced products that may not even serve their lofty purpose. Maybe you should head over to Fantasyland where the chargers throw around play money without budgetary consequence.
    I have not suggested that any 'potential consumers' have a duty of any sort in relation to any of my fins, I merely pointed out that with a few exceptions I'm not giving them away for free... and I certainly don't have a duty to give them away for 'testing'.

    To some people their awareness of their own opinions on marketplace behaviour trumps their flaccid interest in both surfing and surfboard design... perhaps such people would be more at home on fora which specialise in the mass marketing of widgets?

    I'm just making fins and showing them to you, sure I sell a few but I'd be making and riding them regardless... so I suggest that you stop pretending that I'm trying to flog you stuff, it's getting boring.

    The new bonzers aren't even listed for sale and I don't know what the price will be if and when they are, so go figure... or if you can't figure just continue to make it all up, in that case expect responses which are appropriate for irrelevant and inaccurate guesses.
    Last edited by Roy Stuart; May 14, 2014 at 11:25 AM.

  3. #33
    Re your 'American English' comment: surely the language you are referring to is Pidgin of some sort?

    'American English' is an oxymoron by the way... except in the USA.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shoting Piers in Honeyton
    Posts
    2,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Re your 'American English' comment: surely the language you are referring to is Pidgin of some sort?

    'American English' is an oxymoron by the way... except in the USA.
    How is that an oxymoron? The brits call the way they talk "the queens english" we have our english in The States which uses all sorts of abreviations and contractions and things that make the brits cringe.

    Unless you were taking a shot at the US by saying we speak such bad english that using American and English together is so laughable that it becomes an oxymoron.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    2,888
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    How is that an oxymoron? The brits call the way they talk "the queens english" we have our english in The States which uses all sorts of abreviations and contractions and things that make the brits cringe.
    in the bahamas the "kings english" is spoken. yah mon.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    4,335
    Looks like the gnome has sparked another thread derailment. It's amazing: he derails his own threads.

    I'd pay for those gnome fins to be tested, on video, by Randy Rarick. Step up to the plate, gnome. (that's American for grow a set)

  7. #37
    Just for the record, I'm being Roy Stuart for halloween this year. Will post pictures.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    How is that an oxymoron? The brits call the way they talk "the queens english" we have our english in The States which uses all sorts of abreviations and contractions and things that make the brits cringe.

    Unless you were taking a shot at the US by saying we speak such bad english that using American and English together is so laughable that it becomes an oxymoron.
    'twas merely a joke.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post

    Step up to the plate, gnome. (that's American for grow a set)
    ... not without a bat, and as for 'growing a set' the fins are printed not planted.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    4,335
    We can always tell when it's slow down there in sheep country: the gnome pops up right here on SI.