LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeclimbing View Post
    How long for the foil fin?
    The bonzer fins?

2 to 3 hours.

Some fellows are using a pair of these for longboard 2+1 setups.

Like I said before, your round foil fin. It's round.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    ... a customer who I'm making a board for wants titanium fins, whatever the cost.
    A RoyStu customer to whom cost is no object? You don't say ...

Who is it, Richard Branson? Or perhaps Rihanna is getting the titanium fins to match her SLK? I, for one, am guessing he (or she) is in the bridge acquisition business.

Either way, I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we would like to hear some of this customer's feedback. Unless a RoyStu custom comes with a NDA ...

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    How many hours to print 12 latex dummies...er...12 people? Are they flexible?
    Since you mentioned the latex dummy action, spicoli, where has the Forum's favorite latex love doll-pounding wooden plank shaping barn animal been hiding lately? Come out come out wherever you are, chucka-boo-boo!

Hmmmmm....should we be concerned that no one has heard from the boo-boo since he was rumored to be spotted at the Air New Zealand ticket counter in Boston purchasing a one-way ticket to Auckland...?

Like I said before, your round foil fin. It's round.
    Right the tunnels... the smallest one (4" diameter) will take about 4 hours, drawings are being prepared for the first one, we'll have Futures or FCS tabs.

Futures would prob be stronger eh, fcs would prob be a little more play on the tunnel design with the torque with that design. Good luck. Post it when it's done.

Futures would prob be stronger eh, fcs would prob be a little more play on the tunnel design with the torque with that design. Good luck. Post it when it's done.
    Thanks, I'll definitely post them up soon.

Tab wise tunnels put way less strain on the tabs than regular fins, because they have a wide base, so we could probably even get away with a single FCS plug. There's basically zero torque as well ( if I understand what you mean by torque correctly).

Both FCS and futures will allow adjustment of the lift angle on the tunnel with a bit of careful shimming.

I'll be running them with a single or with two to four side fins and am super keen to try the tunnel with four bonzer runners, a setup which has some historical significance.

Last edited by Roy Stuart; May 17, 2014 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashdog View Post
    A RoyStu customer to whom cost is no object? You don't say ...

Who is it, Richard Branson? Or perhaps Rihanna is getting the titanium fins to match her SLK? I, for one, am guessing he (or she) is in the bridge acquisition business.

Either way, I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we would like to hear some of this customer's feedback. Unless a RoyStu custom comes with a NDA ...

I'm the one who has signed an NDA recently, 16 pages of it and some draconian penalties.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    For a fellow in Australia who wants bonzer fins for his Futures equipped longboard. We've tweaked these using MH32 foil. More variations to follow including different sizes and curved versions.

That is sick. Wish I had a 3D printer

I know quite a bit about 3D printing, specifically guns (naturally).

The materials being used and in R&D are incredible. We've gone from lowers, to fully functioning units handling serious pressure.

YouTube defcad, and Cody Wilson. Doing some unbelievable work there.

Needless to say, I suspect the materials available for surf industry coming out will be A+.