LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Board

Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    yeah I am leaning toward a js
    i'm ordering a 5'11" flyboy/thumbtail when i get to work in the morning...

that's what great about being a manager of a surf shop.... great discounts on boards!

Quote Originally Posted by aWESome In NMB View Post
    I'm in the market for a new board as well. Right now i got a 6'2 Pefection and a 6'5 Seven fish. Those placebo surfskates look pretty killer....the biggest they make them is 5'0 though. I'm 6'3 190 pounds.....would there be any chance in hell of that working for these smaller waves in nmb with my height and weight?
    They have a 5'2" version for this year but I do not recommend the board at all for normal surfers. It is purely a trick board. Go for a Lost RNF for a first time small board. 6'3 190 I would go for a 5'8" RNF but it all depends on your skills. Average+ skill level surfer should have a small fish in their quiver,

3. I'd say im an average surfer....i was also looking at the Lost Monkfish 5'8" Surfboard....for my height its just real hard for me to pick out a small board...the 6'2 Perfection board i have is a short board...would 5'8 not be too short? I've always surfed longer board...

do any of the shops in mb/nmb carry these lost boards? also, anyone try out a webber? The new minifish looks pretty fun

Quote Originally Posted by windyhillsurfer View Post
    do any of the shops in mb/nmb carry these lost boards? also, anyone try out a webber? The new minifish looks pretty fun
    if the only surfboards available were the ones made by WEBBER, i'd never surf AGAIN.... these boards are pure trash!... that and al merricks new brand (not under burton snowboards buisness) ANACAPA... pure TRASH!!!... they are shaped in CHINA (not hand shaped, machine shaped) and personally, i'm not sure who does the glassing, but god it sucks.... i know about 20 people that ride/have ridden webbers and ANACRAPAS, and the high majority despise them...

do yourself a favor and get a mayhem shape.

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ...LostInFlorida View Post
    if the only surfboards available were the ones made by WEBBER, i'd never surf AGAIN.... these boards are pure trash!... that and al merricks new brand (not under burton snowboards buisness) ANACAPA... pure TRASH!!!... they are shaped in CHINA (not hand shaped, machine shaped) and personally, i'm not sure who does the glassing, but god it sucks.... i know about 20 people that ride/have ridden webbers and ANACRAPAS, and the high majority despise them...

do yourself a favor and get a mayhem shape.
    yeah man webbers are gay.

7. Have u tried Surf City or The Village Surf Shop in Garden City....Berts has a ****ty collection and so does that other little surf/skate shop on nmb end....I haven't been to Surf City (before they moved) since i moved down here but i remember the last time i was here they had some decent boards and the village surf shop sometimes has a few brand boards other then "perfection", thats where i got both of mine @

It's been my experience that no matter what shape it is that you are interested in, if you find someone local to shape it out you'll find it working better than a lot of these boards shaped by folks that have no clue what you are surfing in. I've personally made it a habit to have boards made for me this way, but even off the rack, the local guy's stuff always works best for me. I've lived in 8 countrys on 3 conts. and it's never failed. That's not to say you can't get a board made by someone from someplace else that will work well, just that your chances are better the other way...

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    right now i ride an al merrick flyer epoxy 6'1" and it works for me. But they do good in the small surf as well as the big stuff. I dont know about any of the others but the merricks are still very trusty as i think. But the webbers are gay.

Thumbs up yea

im 6'1'' 230 pounds and ride a 7'6' and a 6'6'' short thats powerful its and Al merick Sasami its thick and rides great you could go way short if you keep it thick i think its 2.5 inches so go check it out