LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HURRICANE Bertha

Hey there Bertha.

Pleasant surprise this morning to see it was named cat 1, hurricane status this morning by NHC. Quite a few hours ahead of forecast I think. I first heard it was going to evolve into a Hurricane late tonite into tomorrow morning.. Interesting.

The path is looking good no? and no real threat to make any serious landfall..

I'll be rooting this thing on --- guilt free.
    Last edited by jjcliff; Jul 7, 2008 at 03:34 PM.

Images

Images
    CAT 3.........Woohoo!

Images
    looking like we'll get something solid here. forecasts are an undercall at this point.

Figures, the first hurricane pulse of the season and I'm gonna be in the mountains friday thru sunday...

So do you think it will still be around when I get back? I'll probably get back in town in time for a sunset session sunday, and will be on it monday.

Images
    When will we get most of this wonderful juice?!?!?!?!?!

Images
    friday and saturday... the swellinfo forecasts are undercalls. there will be more size.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    friday and saturday... the swellinfo forecasts are undercalls. there will be more size.
    wait so by undercalls do u mean that if the report for corolla, nc is chest-shoulder with occasional head high sets on saturday then i should expect to be rippin it up in head high with occasional overhead sets???

Quote Originally Posted by hollowtoobz View Post
    wait so by undercalls do u mean that if the report for corolla, nc is chest-shoulder with occasional head high sets on saturday then i should expect to be rippin it up in head high with occasional overhead sets???
    He may mean that but yesterday the forecasts were much smaller for the weekend than they are today so he could have meant that as well. He knew once the buoys and other indicators started to show the swell or potential more accurately, he could reflect larger size.

What I said above could be 100% wrong

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    and this bertha swell could be lake atlantic too.
    I never count on it until I'm out riding.