LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mini longboards

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrab View Post
    Anyone ride a ricky Carroll mini me? Been eyeing these for a while.
    A guy in town had one for a while... bought it "like new," rode it a few times, and sold it. I don't think it was because he didn't like it, just didn't need it. Seemed fine.

2. Mine is finished. 8'4, 22 7/8

Quote Originally Posted by CJsurf View Post
    Mine is finished. 8'4, 22 7/8

purdy. just purdy.

6'10 Chris Birch Mini Chauffeur - Mini Longboard

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with this board? I recently purchased it but it's been a little tricky for me. I'm 5'3" and 135 lbs, is the board too small for me?

I find the wide nose makes it tricky for me to punch through waves like I did with my funshape board while I'm trying to make it out to the lineup. However, when I did catch waves, it did feel like an easy gliding faster board than my bulkier 7'6 funshape. The paddling to the line up on this one seems super duper hard tho.

Anyone have any input?

Thanks,
    Liz

Quote Originally Posted by sharknado View Post
    You asked about what conditions you use 'em.
    In PR when Wilderness gets to OH +2... the regulars pull out the 7-9 ft boards. You need the length to catch the long period bombs, the stability to hang on to it (winds get rowdy) without all the bulk of a full log for the nasty paddle back out.

I started surfing with a 7'9 BIC, and wasn;t too impressed..thought it was the worst of both worlds with the diminished glide and manueverability ...but that was probably more me learning to surf. I moved to a Walden Magic a couple of shorter boards... Now I'm thinking of a good 'mini size' that will fit in my car for days too small to wall up for a mini simmons.
    Maybe you weren't impressed because BIC makes a poor surfboard. Surfing is a preference thing, like many other things in life. I had an 8 ft mini log, it was cool, but I liked my full log better. I agree with the Sharknado about the big wave thing. I have a 7-8 "funboard", has a thruster set up and a rounded pin. Surfs GREAT when the surf is bigger.

I started on the Mini Simmons a couple months ago. I would choose the Mini Simmons over any of the small wave boards right now. I can do anything I could do on my mini longboard, but better. If you don't have one of those, go borrow one and see if it's for you.

Quote Originally Posted by liz_411 View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with this board? I recently purchased it but it's been a little tricky for me. I'm 5'3" and 135 lbs, is the board too small for me?

I find the wide nose makes it tricky for me to punch through waves like I did with my funshape board while I'm trying to make it out to the lineup. However, when I did catch waves, it did feel like an easy gliding faster board than my bulkier 7'6 funshape. The paddling to the line up on this one seems super duper hard tho.

Anyone have any input?

Thanks,
    Liz
    You're a lightweight person, 6-10 shouldn't be too big. Maybe it's just a muscle memory/getting used to it thing? Bigger boards are harder to punch through. Just gotta find that combo of wave catch a bility and performance that makes you happy. If you never bought a custom board, maybe you should consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    Long time lurker ... First time poster.....

Interested in hearing opinions on mini longboards ? Who has'em, what conditions do you ride them, etc.

I know a guy who swears by this board - Stretch - It - for most conditions.

http://www.stretchboards.com/boards/surfboards/it.php

I mostly short board/ fish/ grovel on northeast waves but looking to add some length to the quiver.

Hot regards,

Redbeard
    I have a 6'8 tugboat (clairemont surf shop board - San Diego). Bought it last year for the below avg days. I've had more fun on this board then any other. It makes surfing crappy waves fun.