LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

painting a board

i really want to paint one of my boards.... but im not realy sure if i should since i dont no what iam doing, should i use spray paint or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by tjist09 View Post
    i really want to paint one of my boards.... but im not realy sure if i should since i dont no what iam doing, should i use spray paint or something else?
    2 layrs of spray paint, 2 layrs of gloss acrylic... i'll post pics of the board i just painted....

if you're good with paint pens, use those then the acrylic.

dont do it on a nice one first i did it on my worst board then i sold it and got 175 and i bought it for 250 but it was pretty banged up anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ...LostInFlorida View Post
    2 layrs of spray paint, 2 layrs of gloss acrylic... i'll post pics of the board i just painted....

k cool post it soon

You can use regular spray paint as long as you use a clear coat afterwards. Or you could get the spray paint made for plastic it will hold out longer.. I still suggest using a clear coat even with the plastic spray paint.
    this is a board i did with regular spray paint and clear coat and stencils

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ...LostInFlorida View Post

^^ paint pens are the way to go if your artistic. Never like the way spray paint came out.

Here's a pic of one board my boy John did.....I think it's the sickest board i ever seen.

Last edited by Aguaholic; Jul 8, 2008 at 01:06 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Here's a pic of one board my boy John did.....I think it's the sickest board i ever seen.
    That is pretty damn sweet...

^^ paint pens are the way to go if your artistic. Never like the way spray paint came out.

yea but where can i get those pens at? would they look more like a air brush did it or no?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tjist09 View Post
    yea but where can i get those pens at? would they look more like a air brush did it or no?

http://www.drewbrophy.com/index.htm

they are just paint pens....no airbrushing at all...you can blend them with your fingers.

I'm not saying that your art will come out like these...but...it's all up to your abilities.

This is exactly what my bro used in the pic.

http://www.drewbrophy.com/index.htm

they are just paint pens....no airbrushing at all...you can blend them with your fingers.

I'm not saying that your art will come out like these...but...it's all up to your abilities.

This is exactly what my bro used in the pic.
    yea i realy want to paint my board like this.... go to www.jsindustries.com and look under board sprays and it is the green spray called sp03, could i do that with spray paint or use the pens?