LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51
  1. #11
    Im sorry man. That is f'n ridiculous!!! Absolute garbage. I get it if its just to rent some beach chair or parking or something of that nature. But to actually charge a person to use the ocean. I would sh!t a brick.

  2. #12
    I would definitely get escorted off the premises.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ocean County NJ
    Posts
    1,028
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    I would definitely get escorted off the premises.
    There's constant turmoil between surfers, fishermen and badge checkers, sometimes involving the police. I go to the beach to loosen up and free my spirit, but come Memorial Day, we get an onslaught of authoritative hard ons who suddenly act like we're on their turf, expecting us to shut up and obey. That sh!t throws my chi, to say the least.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    highlands, nj
    Posts
    232
    Images
    21
    Yeah its annoying. I was at spring lake from 7-9, having fun, and the whistle brigade goes nuts to put me in the penalty box with 30 other dudes. F that. 12 jetties, nobody is swimming in 57 degree water but I have to vacate. In lb if you show your disabled veteran id they just let you surf. But there's always one dude that says "only active duty bro." Then I have to show him the law and statute. It's the ocean for f's sake. I hate NJ summer surfing. I'm pissed just thinking about it.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    highlands, nj
    Posts
    232
    Images
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    There's constant turmoil between surfers, fishermen and badge checkers, sometimes involving the police. I go to the beach to loosen up and free my spirit, but come Memorial Day, we get an onslaught of authoritative hard ons who suddenly act like we're on their turf, expecting us to shut up and obey. That sh!t throws my chi, to say the least.
    Agree on that. One of these days im going to lose my composure and show them what I try so hard to not be. Then they will say "crazy veteran. The wars over buddy." Badge checkers are The Worst!

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    It was fun this morning. I surfed 30 minutes then..................
    Attachment 10973
    That was my absolute favorite board
    Bummer, I got 1 year out of it at least. When It happened, the lifeguards started whistling everyone out, to make us pay the badge checkers. I grabbed another board from home and snuck under the boardwalk successfully to get 3 more hours of waves for free!!!!!!! Wow! Imagine not having to pay for the ocean? It was crazy man.
    yeah, I'm worried about my stub's glass job. I've gotten some nasty fractures in it from the littlest things...I don't even know where most of the dings came from.

    One of the things I love about CA: don't have to pay for the beach and you can surf anywhere without a hassle (except in socal, you may have to pay for parking and they have a few blackball areas)

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ocean County NJ
    Posts
    1,028
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    yeah, I'm worried about my stub's glass job. I've gotten some nasty fractures in it from the littlest things...I don't even know where most of the dings came from.
    Until today I thought the board was pretty strong (above average). I definitely put it through some solid beatings in the past year. I ollied out of a floater and came down just wrong. I stuck it, but the board made an overly loud pop. The crack goes around the rail, but not across the top.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monmouth Beach, NJ
    Posts
    2,498
    Clean chest high peelers this morning... got out on the fish. Then a second session on the log. Even got my 11-year-old daughter out for a few. Awesome day...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Until today I thought the board was pretty strong (above average). I definitely put it through some solid beatings in the past year. I ollied out of a floater and came down just wrong. I stuck it, but the board made an overly loud pop. The crack goes around the rail, but not across the top.
    my only epiphany ever was the breaking (in half) of my THIRD IN A ROW lost board.

  10. #20
    there's still a small bump in the water, if youre on a small wave board and got some patience

    btw: brian wynn surfboards have the best glass-jobs of any board ive owned... broke a couple lost and merricks for dumb reasons, never a wynn