LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

Question hurricane amanda

southern california impacts? late saturday and early sunday this thing elevated into a cat 5 hurricane and i believe so.cal will be in the window until its track starting bending more towards mexico. Any seasoned vets out there with EPAC hurricanes? what can we expect?

Images
    Magical, tubular, walls of.........uh..........waapow!

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Magical, tubular, walls of.........uh..........waapow!
    some will get waapowed, most will get pitted...so pitted.

Because it's way down past Cabo, it'll send swell in the wrong direction for most places south of Pt.Concepcion. It'll be a very steep angle out of the S/SE. Look for breaks that are open to that swell window. Mainland Mex is gonna be Epic. I would expect some gnarly photos to come out of a certain beach break down there shortly.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Because it's way down past Cabo, it'll send swell in the wrong direction for most places south of Pt.Concepcion. It'll be a very steep angle out of the S/SE. Look for breaks that are open to that swell window. Mainland Mex is gonna be Epic. I would expect some gnarly photos to come out of a certain beach break down there shortly.
    i was in puerto vallarta area about a month ago, would sure love to be there right now and see what the 1-2 foot point break i visited looks like with some swell

As great of a spring that it's been, it's just gonna get better! That storm pointed at us like a laser over the past few days, at cat 4! Plus another southern hemi on top, plus another next week! The swell train just doesn't quit. Holy crap I've surfed a lot! I can't remember the last day that it wasn't at least HH on the sets and that I didn't get shacked!

Quote Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
    As great of a spring that it's been, it's just gonna get better! That storm pointed at us like a laser over the past few days, at cat 4! Plus another southern hemi on top, plus another next week! The swell train just doesn't quit. Holy crap I've surfed a lot! I can't remember the last day that it wasn't at least HH on the sets and that I didn't get shacked!
    It's always head high when yer laying down. I got a couple shin to knee scheisse waves this year. woulda been bigger if I was a sponger.

Some possible forerunners today were scalloping up the beach mixed in with background southern hemi. What was typically a 70-80 yard left-hand grinder occasionally transformed into a 200-yard peaky runout with multiple barrel sections. I'll try to snag a photo tomorrow if it gets really epic.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
    Some possible forerunners today were scalloping up the beach mixed in with background southern hemi. What was typically a 70-80 yard left-hand grinder occasionally transformed into a 200-yard peaky runout with multiple barrel sections. I'll try to snag a photo tomorrow if it gets really epic.
    orange county area?

I hate you west coast. I really hate you. #hurricaneseasonhaters #eastcoastgotroyallyshaftedlastyearandmyassisstill soreoverit