LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 98
  1. #1

    What's up the forecast?

    Surfline has us flat. You got us knee to waist. Ok today is flat. I'm wondering about tomorrow? It's says waist high, but SL has us flat? Can you tell us your thinking for thursday in RI? Do you think there will be too much east in the swell for it to get into RI?

    Thanks Micah!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tinton Falls, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    448
    Images
    16
    There's 2 forecasts for RI, one for the more south exposed coastlines (default), and one for the more east exposed.
    http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-foreca...rhode-island-e

    Its a small S wind swell, so those southerly exposed areas will see the wind swell, and the tucked in areas will not.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    1,133
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Surfline has us flat. You got us knee to waist. Ok today is flat. I'm wondering about tomorrow? It's says waist high, but SL has us flat? Can you tell us your thinking for thursday in RI? Do you think there will be too much east in the swell for it to get into RI?

    Thanks Micah!
    No surf fo you!

  4. #4
    You seem to already know everything about surf forecasting, you've made that painfully apparent on your bazillion-page rant on the previous thread.

    Here's an idea: Why don't YOU become our surf forecaster?

    I mean, you seem to be a self-professed expert at it. In fact, you're SO good, I'll bet you never ever get skunked.

    All you need to do is use your usual mix of voodoo to come up with your oh-so-magical conclusions....use a lot of YouTube, drop a bunch of names of pro surfers and boogers that you don't even know, twist some logic about how California (not Cali, DERP) "always has offshores", and vigorously fire off about eleventy-seven gajillion threads that spasmodically defend your wild delusions.

    You'd be The Best Surf Forecaster EVER!!! You have my vote.

    BTW: how do the Rugs locals feel about you flapping out into their lineup? Inquiring minds want to know.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    3,620
    Images
    6
    Please keep this personal fellers, 'cuz there's a few sponges that kill it at that spot.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Please keep this personal fellers, 'cuz there's a few sponges that kill it at that spot.
    OK SS, I'll let you have that one. Good on you bro, hope you're getting some.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Please keep this personal fellers, 'cuz there's a few sponges that kill it at that spot.
    Yo seldom...where you at dog!? You got to have my back in this war I'm having with these punk ass surfers. Let's stick it to em'. Heel hook time biatches!

    Spongers unite

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    3,620
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Yo seldom...where you at dog!? You got to have my back in this war I'm having with these punk ass surfers. Let's stick it to em'. Heel hook time biatches!

    Spongers unite
    I'm here man, but this is less about craft and more about difference of opinion(at least in the other threads)...and honestly this place gets me through the work day so after I tweaked a while back I realized there's no need for hostility(I mean there's always exceptions to the rule)...I'm all for sponger unity, but honestly aside from a few summer pros who will get dealt with in the future, I never had a problem in the water, and this sponge/stick beef lives stongest on the internet, so by not partaking I'm helping it die.

    There's too much real evil on the world to worry about what people are riding, or care if they worry about what I am, and if they do, well, that bridge will get crossed when the issue presents itself.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    278
    I don't think it's about craft anymore, that was last month. This month the war is about.....actually I don't know. Something about forecasting in states in which you don't live.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I never had a problem in the water, and this sponge/stick beef lives stongest on the internet, so by not partaking I'm helping it die.
    I almost never have an issue in the water. Only on here with these tools. I've never paddled out and had someone say "gtfo of the water sponger" or start arguing with me about the dumbest **** imaginable.