LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jax Beach

Check out www.dahbuh.com for a decent North Florida report. He's somewhat prone to overhype, so if you know that going in, you can cross reference it with other reports. His video casts are a hoot.

Poles or Hannah Park area. Everywhere else in Jacksonville Beach has been meh after consecutive nor'easters last fall, I'm still waiting for the sandbars there to get better. If no choice other than Jax Beach, go when its incoming to high tide

Images
    Lackluster and getting worse as the week goes on. Oh well, I might rent a fishing pole and launch hooks at swimmers instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    Instincts are wrong...pier sucks. Poles is much better for grooming waves and works on more than just high tide. Board choice? Super hit or miss this May and June is always worse. Best to check 911surf.com for daily photo reports and bring best small wave board whatever that might be. 5'6'' retro quad is good for me most days even at 1-2 ft
    Sounding all local like

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Lackluster and getting worse as the week goes on. Oh well, I might rent a fishing pole and launch hooks at swimmers instead.
    It's just timing..here...
    After the thunderstorm..showers...sunday
    We had some nice peelers in pvb..at high tide..4-6pm..
    Monday morning was eh...but was good at poles in the afternoon..
    Did you miss last week mon-thurs?... That was fun..especially wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Sorry Clemson, they pretty much covered it. I was giving you real advice though, my boy kahunakai use to surf the pier when he first moved there and almost had to snap a dudes neck for tossing weights at him from the pier.
    True story. Violence was averted but there is a higher concentration of douche baggery at the pier. I still surf there tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    True story. Violence was averted but there is a higher concentration of douche baggery at the pier. I still surf there tho.
    Instead it turned into a bench off, Hindus frolicking about and sh*t

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Watch out for fisherman throwing weights off the pier!
    there is a marvelous state park oceanfront st augustine whose name escapes me at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    I know this sounds odd, but if you're in to mountain biking, Hannah Park, same place where the Poles are, has a half dozen or so really popular mountain bike trails. I know they are popular and a lot of guys go out there and shred the trails when the surf is flat. Bring a bmx or a mountain bike if you're in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    there is a marvelous state park oceanfront st augustine whose name escapes me at the moment...

anastasia state park

blow hole... not sure if its good anymore