LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Caves

Images

Man Caves

You know what to do. If you got one, post one. Mine is only 50% of the way. Needs new flooring and paint, but its been a good start.

mancave.jpg

Metard, I assume this is where photoshop comes into play

Nice start to your sovereign safe haven bro. My suggestions:

- clear up wall space on the side wall by putting those sticks on the ceiling with suspension hangers
    - ditch the pool table unless you really like your 9-ball, it's taking up all the space in the room
    - put a projector on the ceiling (720p PJs are dirt cheap now) and get matte screen paint for the far wall (13ft throw is ideal) or get a good deal on a fixed picture frame screen
    - get creative with flooring, it is one of the cheapest ways to jazz up a smaller room to high society
    - in wall speakers with flatwire connections which is basically speaker wire so flat it's like a tape you can paint over
    - some sort of sea life in that theme and your beaches are full of relics to use
    - keep an eye out on CL for a Coke cooler that has a glass door and your buds will love it stocked

Bro, feel free to PM me for ideas and help. This does not have to be a pricey project. I have put a new meaning to Man Town in multiple cribs I've had. You are doing the right thing bro.

Would like to have that luxury. Probably would be more like a gym. But with 4 kids, 3 dogs, and a one car garage, the only "man cave" I have is my board while out on the water. An old Lazy Boy chair once served as a man cave of sorts, but it's in a landfill now. Pretty pathetic.

I love 80s boards.

Holy crap, rat, that's not a man cave that's a journey through your mind, in technicolor & on display. Like those hangers for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ratred View Post
    I love 80s boards.

i don't. i had to pay for and surf that crap. could't put them behind me fast enough.

My house is my cave, since I bought it myself. However, the wife can add as she feels necessary. When I finish my bar room, she will have a nice easel setup next to the window for painting.

one of my many hobbies...home theater...wife calls it my man cave, or bat cave, since its primarily black...thought about changing the theme to beach, but like the standard movie theater feel.

hometheater2.jpg
    hometheater.jpg
    Last edited by mrcoop; May 29, 2014 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    You know what to do. If you got one, post one. Mine is only 50% of the way. Needs new flooring and paint, but its been a good start.

mancave.jpg

Metard, I assume this is where photoshop comes into play

I don't see any tools in there!!

A "man cave" with tv, video games, pool tables and without tools, saw dust, metal shavings to get stuck in your toe, etc is a "little-boy cave".

Nice try Zach but you still have a long way before it becomes manly.

That is an excelllent collection ratred. But you are not a card carrying hoarder until your head bumps the ceiling. Looks like you only have a little ways to go, the floor is still visible in spots. A toke and a cold beer in that cave would make me feel just like the image on the old vision psychostick deck. Where is the beer fridge located?