LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up The Workday Surf Report

Playing a little catch-up here:

Friday 5/2:

Outstanding!! Hot, glassy, and SH-HH. Incredibly clean peaks, amazingly clear water that was even sorta warm. About 8 guys out. I paddled out around 1100. The tide was a little high, but there was enough S energy in the water that the sets powered right through it.

I couldn't believe how clear the water was. As the sets came in, I could see the wave bend the reflected light on the bottom, or see my crystal-clear outline projected on the sand and shells below. I haven't seen water that clear since surfing Kaisers about a million years ago.

Monday 5/5:

Solid! Cooler with a marine layer. Light side-offshores putting texture on CH-SH peaks. Very very good shape down by the seawall. Some north-to-south drift. I drifted down there and then just started picking off set waves. Dropped straight into one sick barrel and stuck there for 4-5 seconds. Stalled into another one, looked up and watched the lip sparkling with the fuzzy marine-layer sun. Only 2 other people out. Was still looking excellent when I was drying off.

Forecast looks not great for the rest of the week. A bunch of NW windswell is going to make my lunch spot all drifty and crappy while the SW fades. Will probably just go for a run on the beach the rest of the week. Next week looks like a BIG south will be hitting. Could be epic!

Bro piss off. Didn't some forum higher up reprimand you the other day about gloating with daily swell to those who are in areas plagued with flatness? Thanks for the score report though and we were really concerned with the clarity of the water bro.

pumping, just pumping

I have to second the spicoli here. Don't make us turn gitcarter, sandblasters & the hounds of hell loose on your glittering pink cheeks, sponger666.

I'm just straight up jealous. That's How I roll...emotional

Images
    hey sponger who gives a ****, the funnest thing is you get waves all of the time and we get waves half of the time if not less. we can still out shred you. i bet seldom would destroy you, and my carolina cutbackz would be so hot it would melt your sponge into liquid. im not jealous because i know i would charge a wave 23times harder then you and bench about 90 more pounds. i bet you dont even have the balls to surf the b-mar.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    hey sponger who gives a ****, the funnest thing is you get waves all of the time and we get waves half of the time if not less. we can still out shred you. i bet seldom would destroy you, and my carolina cutbackz would be so hot it would melt your sponge into liquid. im not jealous because i know i would charge a wave 23times harder then you and bench about 90 more pounds. i bet you dont even have the balls to surf the b-mar.
    My pesos are totally on The Seen, as well.

Images

uhhhhhhhhh

where in central california are you? and what do you define as sorta warm water? we never get above 72+ degrees and lately it's stayed in the 60's or lower. did north get some tropical-ish waters that bypassed HB? and ignore these whiners. they have no problem crowing about waves if/when they happen to be so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
    Playing a little catch-up here:

Friday 5/2:

Outstanding!! Hot, glassy, and SH-HH. Incredibly clean peaks, amazingly clear water that was even sorta warm.

Monday 5/5:

Solid! Cooler with a marine layer. Light side-offshores putting texture on CH-SH peaks. Very very good shape down by the seawall.

Forecast looks not great for the rest of the week. A bunch of NW windswell is going to make my lunch spot all drifty and crappy while the SW fades. Will probably just go for a run on the beach the rest of the week. Next week looks like a BIG south will be hitting. Could be epic!

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    I have to second the spicoli here.
    Why don't you be happy for him rather than being a selfish little douche that I know you are. You're such an arrogant little whiner who can't handle someone with a different opinion than your own. I never gave you **** or was disrespectful at all till you started talking **** to me. You hang on this forum for years talking smack and being a pompous jerk He's just giving a surf report and you got hassle him. AND HE'S IN THE CALIFORNIA FORUM. DON'T READ IT IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THAT THEY GET MORE WAVES THAN EC.
    Now that I'm done b!tch smacking yankee....

Aloha bro

Glad you scored spongedude. Maybe some pics next time?(just don't spot name) Hopefully we get some waves here around me soon
    Last edited by shark-hunter; May 6, 2014 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Bro piss off. Didn't some forum higher up reprimand you the other day about gloating with daily swell to those who are in areas plagued with flatness? Thanks for the score report though and we were really concerned with the clarity of the water bro.
    You know, I liked you when you first came on this forum. Everyone was talking smack to you because their complete assholes on here. I didn't. I never talked **** to you at all. Now you're becoming a jerk just like them. Go back to old school spicoli and try to no be a complete douche like most of the peeps on here.(not all, but majority)
    Last edited by shark-hunter; May 6, 2014 at 01:56 AM.