LOGIN | REGISTER

Bodyboard REVIEW

I'm reviewing the mach-2 bat tail bodyboard. download (1).jpg

Mine is red exactly as pictured

The board is absolutely fantastic. It's the cheapest board you can find with a proper core and stringer at around 100 bucks. Most others are 150+. Board has a TON of speed. Really loose for spins, but holds a line great. Perfect amount of stiffness flex/recoil so you get a ton of speed, but at the same time it's not toooo stiff so when you get an air you've got some give/cushion. I love the bat tail! You can take super late drops with this board. Also, this board has just a bit of rocker. It took me FOREVER to find a board that wasn't completely flat. The slight amount of rocker allows much quicker turns, cut backs, and it allows super late steep drops.

I give the board an A.

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    I'm reviewing the mach-2 bat tail bodyboard. download (1).jpg

Mine is red exactly as pictured

The board is absolutely fantastic. It's the cheapest board you can find with a proper core and stringer at around 100 bucks. Most others are 150+. Board has a TON of speed. Really loose for spins, but holds a line great. Perfect amount of stiffness flex/recoil so you get a ton of speed, but at the same time it's not toooo stiff so when you get an air you've got some give/cushion. I love the bat tail! You can take super late drops with this board. Also, this board has just a bit of rocker. It took me FOREVER to find a board that wasn't completely flat. The slight amount of rocker allows much quicker turns, cut backs, and it allows super late steep drops.

I give the board an A.
    that's a board alright!!I had an 88 oldsmobile that looked just like it

Oh and if you've only used those polyestrene(styrofoam) core boards then you're really missing out. Step up from the cheaper boards and get a board with a proper core. It makes a WORLD of difference.

Here's a video showing the difference.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2HcNXWS4A8

In that video he's bending and breaking the morey baja, which is sold for 70 bucks at some places. Step it up to the next level for only a few more $$ and you get 10 times the board.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Jun 1, 2014 at 07:59 PM.

Deny it all you want, I call bs. Your not busting any airs. In fact you yourself said you like dropping in and going straight most of the time. Your words not mine. Also, I don't think any one cares what color your board is. You guys want to see my 6'4? It's orange

Quote Originally Posted by BassMon View Post
    Deny it all you want, I call bs. Your not busting any airs. In fact you yourself said you like dropping in and going straight most of the time. Your words not mine. Also, I don't think any one cares what color your board is. You guys want to see my 6'4? It's orange
    Hijacking another thread? It's a bodyboard review. Not a shark-hunter review. Oh and if you knew anything you'd know you can air drop on a wave in a bodyboard if the wave is steep enough and you take a late drop. I've done it numerous times. If the wave is too big you'll get destroyed doing that though. So it's not even a matter of doing a maneuver like a roll(which is very difficult I might add and I'm still working on it. I have done it before though but it's really hard to get the wave to pitch you). And yes I LOVE going straight. That's the most fun thing to do is to take that drop and carve across the wave.

I thought I've never been in the water and I'm from the midwest? Biggest waves I've seen is in my bathtub right?

Here's an example of a wave WAY too big to do an air drop. Teahpoo air drop. But I've done plenty of them and landed them and kept trimming.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_3u9jbSeek

Oh asking me why I say what color I got? That's like asking me what color my car is. Same thing buddy boy.

I don't care what color your car is and I'm aware of what a air drop is.