LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

um, this spring has been awesome

june 2nd and just surfed chest high bombs at 11 sec...almost makes up for 2013 year of the flatness.

who else scored today?

i scored

18 rolling rox bottles for 10.99 BOOM DUDE

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arby View Post
    june 2nd and just surfed chest high bombs at 11 sec...almost makes up for 2013 year of the flatness.

who else scored today?
    Scored yesterday!

Images
    Ya there has been some swell... The other day was fun!! No one out at my spot... But I'm not sure this spring has been all that compared to years past... Nothing to write home about... But not saying it wasn't fun!!

Yeah... I started a new job today. Just got home. No chance of waves whatsoever.

I saw the longer period stuff start filtering in yesterday and was too surfed out for fourth sesh. I gotta learn to stagger. I am sure many of the members here had a great day of waves...

Rolling rock tastes like pizz

Quote Originally Posted by Slashdog View Post
    Yeah... I started a new job today. Just got home. No chance of waves whatsoever.

I saw the longer period stuff start filtering in yesterday and was too surfed out for fourth sesh. I gotta learn to stagger. I am sure many of the members here had a great day of waves..

Rolling rock tastes like pizz
    Kid. Do you ride your fixie to rockaway. Or do you take uber. Botti bwoy

Yeah buoys, 75 days ago on 3/20 I threw out this prophecy of spring stoke:

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Ya brahs. You thought this spring wouldn't light up like last year's, but this vans gonna be a rockin. Vernal equinox begins and so does the stoke. I'm headed out west at the end of the day today but I'm getting on something decent here in EMass first. Looks like the swell is gonna stay too just like last year. So be it that the high for Tuesday is 16 (yes, the high) or that a Nor'easter with snow is hitting the coast on Weds. Swell is here to stay and it will warm up in time.

So grab your sticks, wax em up and get ready to shott every pier, reef, and point in sight err day. Quit your jobs, ditch your "bosses" at home unless they support your fix, and hit the break. This is the spring of 1,000 waves buoys. There's something serious brewing at the beginning of April too out east here. Looks like OH+ the better part of the week. Yeah, I said it. So what. You know I'm charging it no matter what it is. That might be the swell that brings Spicoli to Montauk for the first time.

Anyone else pumped about this spring of swell? Get on my stoke train. This is why I got hooked last year - because I got rides every day of the week, as sloppy as they were with my beginner stoke. Swell for weeks brahs. Those certain spots that only go off every hybrid eclipse will be straight bangin daily. Then get ready for actual real live hurricanes to hit the coast again.

FLY A BANNER FOR ENDLESS SPRING SWELL AND STOKE
    6.9ft @ 11s today on June 2nd. 7-9ft faces all day long in 81 degrees and sun as the beaches were lined with wahines. Yesterday was HH-OH and clean in similar weather. There's been daily surf for most of the last week and looks to be for most of the next week. That's after we had an excellent March, April, and May. It wasn't ringing off the hook each and every day like last year but then again last year started lulling in later May into June so the same number of great surf days has been present this year.

Man, we've had A LOT of 10-12 second period days over the last few months here on the EC. If I'm sticking aroubd the home breaks on the reg and not needing to go to NH/Maine /RI then it's pretty consistent. That's after the winter we had which was powerful and epic. 5 sessions and 7.5 hours over the last few days at 4 different breaks. I'm content brahs. Lots of stoke all around at the breaks and everyone getting rides because the lines if waves are wide from groundswell.

We're gonna score this summah and fall too with canes bros. Not saying it'll be like 1995 or whatever year that was where there was one cane leading into the next for months but we will get served. Who'd have thought we could say it's a great time to be an EC surfer?! But we can right now.

Look braddahs, trust in Spicoli's stoke. Bottom line. I'm headed to the Gulf region this week for. 7 days on a trip scheduled a year out and I'm set to get the bennies of a low pressure system in 81 degree water in a place that very seldom gets such gifts of swell. Same thing for when I hit up SoCal back in the winter on a trip planned weeks before any long-term forecast, we got 18-23s for a week of OH and clean. Keep the faith and get stoked and good things will come. Just get ahead on the honey-do list and keep your personal/sick days stocked up because you'll need em!!!

I'm exhausted and headed to bed now. We've got shoulder high and clean at dawn but I may have to opt out to catch up on work missed today. We can't have it all but we can be perma-stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by cackedinri View Post
    Kid. Do you ride your fixie to rockaway. Or do you take uber. Botti bwoy
    Ouch. Did it take you a while to come up with that? I've seen more creativity tattooed on the faces of Oogles.

6.9ft @ 11s today on June 2nd. 7-9ft faces all day long ...
    Glad you scored man.... but I have to point out...

Emass 8' is BACK!!!

Bro. Pleased to hear about your career opportunities and it's always good to see an SI cat moving on up. That said, yesterday's swell was no joke. Buoys at 6.9ft at 11s are gonna equate to 7-9ft faces at optimal tide at good breaks. Can't deny that bro. Hate all you want but it's indisputable that yesterday was OH+ and cranking.

EMass 8' never left, therefore a return would not be possible. However, the post was hardly about me.

Stick to the main point you salty brah, the main point was spring of stoke is alive and well and did come to pass a second year in a row.

Images
    .. yesterday's swell was no joke. Buoys at 6.9ft at 11s are gonna equate to 7-9ft faces at optimal tide at good breaks. ... it's indisputable that yesterday was OH+ and cranking..
    I will corroborate. Yesterday was OH+. And this morning the leftovers were still very fresh and sizable. To repeat, no joke..