LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58

Thread: Paint job time!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,726

    Paint job time!

    Dudes, I'm trying to figure out what I want my new LB to look like. It's going to be a 9' Single fin Performance LB. I was going to do get the resin swirl thing done but then had second thoughts and have been looking at more classic looking boards. I'm having a hard time deciding... anybody got any pics they'd like to share of some ideas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wb
    Posts
    944
    fwiw i like the classic color jobs

    webber, bing, all one color like takayama
    Last edited by metard; Jun 3, 2014 at 01:02 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,726
    Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    fwiw i like the classic color jobs

    webber, bing, all one color like takayama
    Seen a few Takayama designs I like, a few Webber's too

  4. #4
    DP - Check out Jim Phillips web site
    http://www.jimthegenius.com/Jim_Phil...Gallery_1.html
    Some nice classic looks there
    Jim

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,726
    Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    DP - Check out Jim Phillips web site
    http://www.jimthegenius.com/Jim_Phil...Gallery_1.html
    Some nice classic looks there
    Jim
    Thanks for the link Jim, some good looking boards!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern Monmouth
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    DP - Check out Jim Phillips web site
    http://www.jimthegenius.com/Jim_Phil...Gallery_1.html
    Some nice classic looks there
    Jim
    My All time fav. longboard was/is a jim "the genius" phillips. That board was sick. I have the blank still its stripped and drying in my garage rafters waiting to be re-glassed.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    VA Beach
    Posts
    918
    Tough choice, I'll bet, but fun nonetheless.
    Some Bing mid-60s LB designs and color schemes. Be sure Check out the floral patterns!
    http://classicbingsurfboards.com/bin...mid-60s-bings/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,726
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Tough choice, I'll bet, but fun nonetheless.
    Some Bing mid-60s LB designs and color schemes. Be sure Check out the floral patterns!
    http://classicbingsurfboards.com/bin...mid-60s-bings/
    Thanks DosXX, nice classic looking boards!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BELMAR, NJ
    Posts
    1,205
    Images
    1
    Pay a little extra and get gloss coated- it's really the only way to go. Only board I wouldn't want to gloss is a shortboard where I'm trying to save extra weight and it's basically all white. Plus I think the gloss is smoother and actually makes the board faster in my option

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,726
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    Pay a little extra and get gloss coated- it's really the only way to go. Only board I wouldn't want to gloss is a shortboard where I'm trying to save extra weight and it's basically all white. Plus I think the gloss is smoother and actually makes the board faster in my option
    Thanks, just wanted to make sure i'm not hurting the performance any. I appreciate the advice.