LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Paint job time!

I think classic LBs look great with solid tints, panels, or lengthwise stripes, with our without pinlines. HPLBs look better with more modern colorwork... fades, checkers, splatters... or super bright color combinations.

If it's a HPLB, the key thing is the "P"... so you want to keep the weight down. Pass on the gloss.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    I think classic LBs look great with solid tints, panels, or lengthwise stripes, with our without pinlines. HPLBs look better with more modern colorwork... fades, checkers, splatters... or super bright color combinations.

If it's a HPLB, the key thing is the "P"... so you want to keep the weight down. Pass on the gloss.
    Thanks for the input LBCrew. It's going to be a performance LB but with some nose rider capabilities. Everybody including Greg G. said the gloss wouldn't affect the performance, so I'm curious why you think it might. I was going to go with EPS and Epoxy like my Coil but after discussing it with G he said that the poly would add a little more weight which is preferred for a LB and would add to the glide, which I believe would be true. The gloss seems like it would help add some weight, which would add to the glide too, no?

I guess it's all about finding that happy medium between performance and glide. What I told him I wanted was a board that would catch nearly anything in the flat summer months but could be taken out in HH - 2ft overhead days, so he is putting a little bit of nose rocker on it for those bigger days but nothing too crazy as it will probably see more smaller days than bigger days naturally.

What you guys think about this resin job?

LB18.jpg

Images
    [QUOTE=DawnPatrolSUP;242188]What you guys think about this resin job?

Paralysis by analysis

Just paint the board.

[QUOTE=ClemsonSurf;242201]
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    What you guys think about this resin job?

Paralysis by analysis

Just paint the board.
    HAHA, just stumbled across that one and thought hmmm now that wouldn't be too bad of an option, but I doubt I'll go that route, nervous to get my board and not like it....

Images
    lemme cliche this up for you. It's what's on the inside that counts. Beauty is only skin deep... In this case, resin deep.

[QUOTE=DawnPatrolSUP;242202]
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    HAHA, just stumbled across that one and thought hmmm now that wouldn't be too bad of an option, but I doubt I'll go that route, nervous to get my board and not like it....
    Lots of options for sure, but enjoy the experience. Have fun picking what you want.
    I saw some of those Mexican blanket patterns on Austin boards. Very colorful, Kinda liked them, but they may not be everyone's taste.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    lemme cliche this up for you. It's what's on the inside that counts. Beauty is only skin deep... In this case, resin deep.
    hmmmmm….which egg in this carton tastes the best??

Verdict is in. The board is shaped and ready for finishing. Will post pics when I get my hands on her.

It'll go a little something like this...

LB16.jpg