LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Which one would you chose?

Chicama, Peru for me. Been to Pavones. Matapalo is better.

http://surfeuropemag.com/features/th...urf-rides.html

Namibia (with some slight editing on my part)

Season/Swell: It’s a southern hemi deal so the season runs May to September, but subject to a limited swell window Skeleton Bay might only turn on a couple times a year, needing a big long-period groundswell from the Roaring Forties to wrap in at just the right angle.

How to get there: Your best bet is to get in touch with a guide with lots of guns and friends with guns to drive you in.

What you’ll need: A good wetsuit, lots of boards and, err, plenty of drinking water, guns, body armor, bribery money, an eyepatch so the pirates confuse you for brethren, a plethora of vaccinations, and ammo.

Watch out for: Strong rips, pirates, and yes super shallow sandbanks!

Also: Locals have implemented a no ‘4×4 back to the peak’ policy so make sure you’re cardio is up to scratch for the walk-back. Also make sure your cardio is up to scratch when you're running for your life.

Read more at https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentRe...aspx?cid=14060

And remember folks, if the locals don't get ya, the lions will.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post

Season/Swell: It’s a southern hemi deal so the season runs May to September, but subject to a limited swell window Skeleton Bay might only turn on a couple times a year, needing a big long-period groundswell from the Roaring Forties to wrap in at just the right angle.

How to get there: Your best bet is to get in touch with a guide with lots of guns and friends with guns to drive you in.

What you’ll need: A good wetsuit, lots of boards and, err, plenty of drinking water, guns, body armor, bribery money, an eyepatch so the pirates confuse you for brethren, a plethora of vaccinations, and ammo.

Also: Locals have implemented a no ‘4×4 back to the peak’ policy so make sure you’re cardio is up to scratch for the walk-back. Also make sure your cardio is up to scratch when you're running for your life.

Hey, caught a wave yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Hey, caught a wave yet?
    Actually, 2 weeks ago nailed my first. White water, but whatever. Today is june 3....so that would have made it....may 20 something? It was fun, broke, stayed on for about 2 seconds, broke apart. I could have picked a better day and a better spot. Win some lose some I suppose. Oh, and I did freeze my ass off. I also realized smoking is bad mmkay, went back on the vape. Also started back at the gym hard. Apparently cardio is in fact a major aspect of it (thanks for the heads up emass).

There's some clean stuff coming this week, first for me if it goes per the forecast. I'll snag some pictures of my ill skills hahaha. I haven't gotten any odd looks for the softtop yet (at least not to my face). Reminds me, anyone planning on hitting NH for thurs fri sat? Maybe meet a few of you if you're up there. Look for the kook on the white softtop and ratty old wetsuit.

Last edited by MichaelJR; Jun 3, 2014 at 09:35 PM.

Images
    Actually, 2 weeks ago nailed my first. White water, but whatever. Today is june 3....so that would have made it....may 20 something? It was fun, broke, stayed on for about 2 seconds, broke apart. I could have picked a better day and a better spot. Win some lose some I suppose. Oh, and I did freeze my ass off. I also realized smoking is bad mmkay, went back on the vape. Also started back at the gym hard. Apparently cardio is in fact a major aspect of it (thanks for the heads up emass).

There's some clean stuff coming this week, first for me if it goes per the forecast. I'll snag some pictures of my ill skills hahaha. I haven't gotten any odd looks for the softtop yet (at least not to my face). Reminds me, anyone planning on hitting NH for thurs fri sat? Maybe meet a few of you if you're up there. Look for the kook on the white softtop and ratty old wetsuit.

Alright Luigi, I hear ya.

Tobacco is a waste of time. I can't really understand the vape thing either. You're talking e-cigs right? I think you are. If you're talking a vaporizer that heats up the active ingredients of plants but doesn't burn the fibrous plant parts... well, I can get behind that.

As far as fitness goes. Yes, get on it. Strength is good, cardio is right up there too. I've been doing Insanity for nearly a month and a half and it's great and has helped my surfing fitness and strength immensely. Someone told me that Shaun T is gay. I don't really care but there's this exercise called in & outs where you're in a plank position then you bring you feet in under you (like a popup) then push them back out again. I have a hard time taking ol' Shaun T seriously now when he's screaming IN.... OUT..... My only complaint is it doesn't really hit any upper body so I've been supplementing with pull-ups. I'd recommend it over bench pressing but that's no way to get any friends on this forum.

The only person that cares what you ride is our local apex predator and his abused wife.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Alright Luigi, I hear ya.

Tobacco is a waste of time. I can't really understand the vape thing either. You're talking e-cigs right? I think you are. If you're talking a vaporizer that heats up the active ingredients of plants but doesn't burn the fibrous plant parts... well, I can get behind that.

As far as fitness goes. Yes, get on it. Strength is good, cardio is right up there too. I've been doing Insanity for nearly a month and a half and it's great and has helped my surfing fitness and strength immensely. Someone told me that Shaun T is gay. I don't really care but there's this exercise called in & outs where you're in a plank position then you bring you feet in under you (like a popup) then push them back out again. I have a hard time taking ol' Shaun T seriously now when he's screaming IN.... OUT..... My only complaint is it doesn't really hit any upper body so I've been supplementing with pull-ups. I'd recommend it over bench pressing but that's no way to get any friends on this forum.

The only person that cares what you ride is our local apex predator and his abused wife.
    Yeah tobacco is bad news. Vape is a nice alternative. I've managed to go from 24mg down to 6mg, which is HUGE considering I was at 1.5 packs a day not all that long ago. I'm at the nicotine equivalent of about 5 cigarettes a day now. I've had more success with this over the gum or the patch. No grumpyness, no binge eating, no metabolism drop, no jitters, I can breathe again...anyone on cigarettes I'd recommend going to the vape.

I've been rocking P90X at night, gym morning. Double sessions brah. I haven't tried insanity yet, been meaning to give it a whirl, I hear solid things about the core workouts. The lady does kickboxing, she's been trying to get me there but my ankle is pretty effed up still from a 5K zombie run I did a bit ago. Chick is a cardio beast, probably knock me out if she caught me slipping too, girl's got some squobbles with the shin kicks (She's a southie chick too, so she's got that angry celtic knife you in the neck attitude).

As for the softie, it floats. It moves. Stable as all hell, sort of like riding a living room full length coffee table. It's fun, but I like to go fast and shred (snowboarding/wakeboarding sort of poisoned my perception of board sports), something I can't really do yet nor can I do on my floating cadillac el dorado. I might be getting ahead of myself though.

u need a permit just to go to the beach in Namibia.i don't think youll need guns,people don't really live there,atleast near the water.its a desolute wasteland of desert and carcasses of sea mammels.pirates are in somolia,very very very far away.thats like saying watch out for ms13 gangbangers in cali when u visit nj.I never been there but been following it since the lost movie with cory and ian scoring skeleton.from most responses iv heard they say the wave is really shytty,that unless your Kelly slater or cory lopez u wont even make the drop,let alone get barreled.its basically a never ending closeout,which doesn't make any sense lol.id try my luck with a spot like desert point or gragajen before I venture to afrika

Makes ya wonder where is a safe place to plan a surf trip now a days...Hows Puerto Rico?

Images
    Superbank/Kirra.

Leaving for Barbados today... So today I'll choose Barbados.