LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Night Surfing.

Night Surfing.

The pier has very bright lights. Anything within 20 meters of the pier is lit up.

I want to surf there at night.

but..

is it legal to surf at night?
    & so close to the pier

(OCMD)

Images
    last i saw was you had to be at least 70ft away (21.34 meters if thats how you roll) from the pier....not sure on the time of days rules

Quote Originally Posted by iceybeatzjosh View Post
    The pier has very bright lights. Anything within 20 meters of the pier is lit up.

I want to surf there at night.

but..

is it legal to surf at night?
    & so close to the pier

(OCMD)
    im pretty sure if ur surfing at night it doesnt matter...haha it would only matter if lifeguards were out or the people who run the pier noticed

You know what else likes bright lights by the pier? Hint: it has many rows of serrated teeth that replace when fractured... much like a yum yum tooth escalator have fun kids!

I surf right off the pier one night about 10 years ago. No trouble whatsoever. Go for it but don't tell your parents. I wouldn't recommend being high either. Very difficult to see the swells rolling in.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty J View Post
    You know what else likes bright lights by the pier? Hint: it has many rows of serrated teeth that replace when fractured... much like a yum yum tooth escalator have fun kids!

do sharks really exist?
    in OC

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iceybeatzjosh View Post
    do sharks really exist?
    in OC
    of course they do... I've personally never seen sharks in the lineup in delmarva, but fisherman catch them all the time right off the beach.

they are proub
    SMALL
    &
    bet they wont bother any 1.

funny, ive never surfed the ocean city md pier at night, but ive surfed the huntington beach pier out in socal...and that place is lit up like a stadium.

I actually scored it great. About chest high and GLASS. One of my friends almost drown that night cause she wasn't a great swimmer and not used to waves. All the drinking may also have been a factor. Pretty stupid looking back on it I guess. But one helluva goodtime at the time!