LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Surfing.

Hybrid View

Night Surfing.

The pier has very bright lights. Anything within 20 meters of the pier is lit up.

I want to surf there at night.

but..

is it legal to surf at night?
    & so close to the pier

(OCMD)

Images
    last i saw was you had to be at least 70ft away (21.34 meters if thats how you roll) from the pier....not sure on the time of days rules

Quote Originally Posted by iceybeatzjosh View Post
    The pier has very bright lights. Anything within 20 meters of the pier is lit up.

I want to surf there at night.

but..

is it legal to surf at night?
    & so close to the pier

(OCMD)
    im pretty sure if ur surfing at night it doesnt matter...haha it would only matter if lifeguards were out or the people who run the pier noticed

You know what else likes bright lights by the pier? Hint: it has many rows of serrated teeth that replace when fractured... much like a yum yum tooth escalator have fun kids!

I surf right off the pier one night about 10 years ago. No trouble whatsoever. Go for it but don't tell your parents. I wouldn't recommend being high either. Very difficult to see the swells rolling in.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headrow View Post
    I surf right off the pier one night about 10 years ago. No trouble whatsoever. Go for it but don't tell your parents. I wouldn't recommend being high either. Very difficult to see the swells rolling in.

Very true...surfing at night can be fun.......and also a chance you take. It's a known fact that the ocean feeds at night. Especially with bright lights that are shinning in the water. Light attracts bait....bait attracts sharks. Not saying you will get attacked.....but you have a greater chance of getting attacked at night then during the day.

IceyBeatz....Now....get your waterproof night vision goggles and do some work tonight. And don't smoke too much kush
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Jul 10, 2008 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty J View Post
    You know what else likes bright lights by the pier? Hint: it has many rows of serrated teeth that replace when fractured... much like a yum yum tooth escalator have fun kids!

do sharks really exist?
    in OC

Images
    do sharks really exist?
    in OC
    of course they do... I've personally never seen sharks in the lineup in delmarva, but fisherman catch them all the time right off the beach.

they are proub
    SMALL
    &
    bet they wont bother any 1.

do sharks really exist?
    in OC

the only time ive ever seena shark near the line up was in November in OC when they got a picture of a shark about 50 yards off shore feeding on some fish. Estimated it to be around 8-10 ft, I have the picture but its from newspaper Ill try and find a link.