LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jax Beach

Images

Jax Beach

Hello

I'll be heading down to Jacksonville for work in about 2 weeks. I'm looking for some sweet, hetero dudes to go surfing with. I'll buy the pizza.

Just kidding, I probably won't get a chance to hang out with you dudes but I am bringing a board. My first instinct is to go to the pier but I really just want someone to name all the best spots.

Thanks in advance.

Watch out for fisherman throwing weights off the pier!

Images
    Anywhere to rent a board? I'm bringing down a stubby board but might want to hop on a LB to guarantee some waves. I didn't get the OK to strap my boards to the company car but I can fit this one in the reclined front seat.... ya can't tell me nuthin.

I'm getting kinda excited, this will be the first time in a while (3 yrs?) I'll be able to get some guilt-free, surf until dark sessions in.

Why don't you trailer that wooden gnome board that your buddy 'Steve' supposedly built....? Full ride report upon return.

Instincts are wrong...pier sucks. Poles is much better for grooming waves and works on more than just high tide. Board choice? Super hit or miss this May and June is always worse. Best to check 911surf.com for daily photo reports and bring best small wave board whatever that might be. 5'6'' retro quad is good for me most days even at 1-2 ft
    Last edited by Stranded in Smithfield; May 29, 2014 at 04:09 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    Instincts are wrong...pier sucks. Poles is much better for grooming waves and works on more than just high tide. Board choice? Super hit or miss this May and June is always worse. Best to check 911surf.com for daily photo reports and bring best small wave board whatever that might be. 5'6'' retro quad is good for me most days even at 1-2 ft
    Right on man. Thanks, it's gotta be better than we've seen here.

2nd the poles....I miss that spot. Neptune or Atlantic to avoid crowds...Vilano if it gets good, but June w/o a storm isn't reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Anywhere to rent a board? I'm bringing down a stubby board but might want to hop on a LB to guarantee some waves. I didn't get the OK to strap my boards to the company car but I can fit this one in the reclined front seat.... ya can't tell me nuthin.

I'm getting kinda excited, this will be the first time in a while (3 yrs?) I'll be able to get some guilt-free, surf until dark sessions in.
    Sorry Clemson, they pretty much covered it. I was giving you real advice though, my boy kahunakai use to surf the pier when he first moved there and almost had to snap a dudes neck for tossing weights at him from the pier.

just north of micklers has been working...also..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Hello

I'll be heading down to Jacksonville for work in about 2 weeks. I'm looking for some sweet, hetero dudes to go surfing with. I'll buy the pizza.

Just kidding, I probably won't get a chance to hang out with you dudes but I am bringing a board. My first instinct is to go to the pier but I really just want someone to name all the best spots.

Thanks in advance.
    Have fun. I will be down on Amelia Island again next week. It was waist high and loggable and I regretted not having a stick with me. Going to be in a 26 foot box truck, so I will have a fish and a log with me... Looked WAAAAY more lined up than what we have seen in SC lately, even though it was small, it was nice long, crystal clean lines.