LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliaep View Post
    I love it when I'm out surfing and the "beachgoers" (usually guys) get all excited to see a woman surfing and swim out toward me as I catch a wave and get in the way..................
    Never thought of that aspect of being a surfer girl. That would get annoying. Stick a gopro on your nose and post some close ups of busted teeth and lips.

Images
    Oh ya... Those old summer pros... I really missed them back in January...

I love the way that they paddle out and proceed to paddle past everyone in the line up to the peak... Then not able to even make a wave!

Anyways... I try hard not to let it get to me... The waves are better in the winter and the anger doesn't make me feel good...

I'm super thankful- I moved over the winter a few towns south (don't worry- I'm still near Belmar,NJ- the best break on the east coast) and the line ups at my new local spot is totally empty- I guess it's not so popular but I have been watching the sand bars and jettys - there is two that work well on alternating swell direction/tides... My old spot was one of the better known Monmouth county spots and always crowded but it was convenient... It was regular to have 50 or more guys out...

Maybe the answer is Belmar NJ... Even when it's crowded it doesn't feel crowded and all the surfers are cool... Plus the waves are always 4ft bigger then anywhere else!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    Maybe the answer is Belmar NJ
    ^^^^Truth.

On this topic of summer crowds: it's very evident the impact on crowds in the water that these surf fucasting websites are making. Everyone's watching SI or MSW or Surfline. Reason I say this, is cause there was a semi-blah day recently fucasted for AI. When I hit the ocean (camping at AI) very few people in the water. No complaints.

Contrasted with a couple weeks earlier when the fucast was clean & green, dozens of people bobbing around out there. All because of the Internet.

Images
    Maybe we should start the anti-forecasting site...or at least not talk about how we scored on here until October.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    it's very evident the impact on crowds in the water that these surf fucasting websites are making. Everyone's watching SI or MSW or Surfline..... All because of the Internet.
    yes, I actually totally agree with Yankee.... and my answer to that is: "Belmar, NJ best spot on the east coast"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Maybe we should start the anti-forecasting site...or at least not talk about how we scored on here until October.
    Wow GREAT IDEA!!!

... its flat again....

Images
    It hasn't been that bad in Delmarva so far in June, I've been surfing relatively uncrowded waves during the weekdays, but I know it won't last long.

I don't chime in here much (mainly due to my coastal location,) but it's the same deal here in Oregon. The most consistent break on the north coast is empty during the week with a small handful out on the weekends between October and April, only to exponentially start filling up in mid-May. Come Labor Day you're dodging 2-dozen kooks on BICs and soft-tops rented from the handful of shops up here. Said shops do a pretty good job at dispensing Surf-101 etiquette, but it's a frustrating to say the least when some hipster with a waxed mustache flails about wide-eyed and petrified and chucks his rented Surftech foamie right in the line you just found. I suppose it could be worse...

Quote Originally Posted by SI_Admin View Post
    It hasn't been that bad in Delmarva so far in June, I've been surfing relatively uncrowded waves during the weekdays, but I know it won't last long.
    You mean boogie boarding waves? I see what you did there HAHAHA