LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Hurricane Ernesto, Labor Day weekend 2006, I took off on a 10 foot plus A-frame- made the drop, clenched the rail so hard my fingers made a permanent indentation

12-15 Hurricane Felix at Cape May. All the best east coast surfers were on it. !5 at Steamer Lane. Amazing waves.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Hurricane Luis, 1995. Solid 12' faces at a protected point further up Narragansett Bay. The exposed points were bombing this day, with wave heights I never thought I'd see on the East Coast.
    Heres some footage from the point that day.

disregard awesome acoustic intro

Images
    Sick nice find!

That's actually holding pretty nicely

Images
    Bawa, Indonesia...I shot all of these from our boat before or after a session on the biggest day of our trip. I attempted to paddle my 7'0" into a few of the set waves but admit the size and getting caught inside by sets freaked me out constantly. I called it 8-12 foot in my journal using my scale, our boat captain called it 4-6. They were extremely tough to paddle into, and dished out punishment!

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Bawa, Indonesia...I shot all of these from our boat before or after a session on the biggest day of our trip. I attempted to paddle my 7'0" into a few of the set waves but admit the size and getting caught inside by sets freaked me out constantly. I called it 8-12 foot in my journal using my scale, our boat captain called it 4-6. They were extremely tough to paddle into, and dished out punishment!

4 to 6' .... gotta luv THAT understatement.

Iam guessing THICK triple/double overhead in the obx with a hurricane offshore. Can't remember the hurricane but it was about 25 years ago. I was the only one that made it out...my buds didn't make it...I just got lucky and honestly wish I was unlucky and never made it out. Scared to death with pier/porch debris in the surf zone. Surfed one and that was it and enough for me...current was vicious but it was pretty clean with slight texture. Next day was far more manageable and absolutely perfect.
    Last edited by mrcoop; Jun 11, 2014 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoop View Post
    Iam guessing THICK triple/double overhead in the obx with a hurricane offshore. Can't remember the hurricane but it was about 25 years ago. I was the only one that made it out...my buds didn't make it...I just got lucky and honestly wish I was unlucky and never made it out. Scared to death with pier/porch debris in the surf zone. Surfed one and that was it and enough for me...current was vicious but it was pretty clean with slight texture. Next day was far more manageable and absolutely perfect.
    Summer of 1991? That'd be Bob. Biggest tubes I've ever pulled into. Last wave of the morning (before fckin work, I shoulda quit) I pulled into a double up and had my 6'1" arms stretched straight out to the side with room to spare.

Shrooms on the beach the night before during full hurricane impact was quite the experience too. Best summer of my life.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    Shrooms on the beach the night before during full hurricane impact was quite the experience too. Best summer of my life.
    Niiiicccceeee. I bet that was intense.