LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Agabinet View Post
    Pacemaker. Without it my heart stops. I am a veritable surfing energizer bunny.
    I'm not all that familiar with pacemakers and the limitations they impose, but I'm impressed. Good for you being active and getting out there on the water!

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    I'm not all that familiar with pacemakers and the limitations they impose, but I'm impressed. Good for you being active and getting out there on the water!
    Fit as a fiddle unless my battery dies . . . Technology is sure grand! I want a solar charger for my pacer!

Got hit in the head with a 9 iron when I was 9 years old. Shattered my skull into 30+ pieces, left me unable to speak for 2 years.

Learned to speak again eventually. Speak fine now, got a gnarly scar up the side of my head that is visible if I shave my head, pretty sweet.

Images
    Holy sh!t dude, that's f'n intense.

Diagnosed with prostate cancer 10 years ago @ 45, surgery went well and no recurrences since. Pretty brutal surgery - still remember trying to surf about 10 weeks after, could barely longboard mushy VB. Went to Costa Rica about 8 months later- When I caught a good fast overhead wave, I almost cried realizing my surfing wasn't over.
    Thanks to my girlfriend (wife now) for helping me find it.

Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    Diagnosed with prostate cancer 10 years ago @ 45, surgery went well and no recurrences since. Pretty brutal surgery - still remember trying to surf about 10 weeks after, could barely longboard mushy VB. Went to Costa Rica about 8 months later- When I caught a good fast overhead wave, I almost cried realizing my surfing wasn't over.
    So glad things worked out. Some of the guys here have really face some tough situations and are still surfing. You all certainly have my respect.
    (BTW, I left you a voice mail regarding the board. Thanks.)

Got it - made note of the # thanks
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    Sorry to hear about that, my father in-law just got diagnosed with that and may be looking at surgery, don't know yet. I'm happy to hear you were able to rebound and get back in the water. I probably would have cried myself catching a head high wave and realizing it's not over...

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke Lives View Post
    Got hit in the head with a 9 iron when I was 9 years old. Shattered my skull into 30+ pieces, left me unable to speak for 2 years.

Learned to speak again eventually. Speak fine now, got a gnarly scar up the side of my head that is visible if I shave my head, pretty sweet.
    Have you considered optioning the movie rights to Adam Sandler?

Quote Originally Posted by Slashdog View Post
    Have you considered optioning the movie rights to Adam Sandler?
    That could be pure gold.