LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    "This too shall pass."
    But apparently not anytime soon. Had my first PT appt today and my PT guy says that since this is the 2nd time around he wants me to wait 4-6 months before popping-up on a board. I said okay how's about body boarding? He said, 4-6 months before using swim fins again.

Anybody got a prone paddleboard they want to sell? How am I supposed to go 6 months without catching a wave? Sh!T, I'm so ashamed for even contemplating this, but I think I'm going to have to buy a SUP. I DONT EVEN OWN A TRUCKER CAP. This is karma for burning SUPs for so many years.

G-ddamn't, pass me a pint of kassers. FćK

[QUOTE=zaGaffer;247323] but I think I'm going to have to buy a SUP. I DONT EVEN OWN A TRUCKER CAP.

[QUOTE]

that's good stuff right there

hang in there dog

But apparently not anytime soon. Had my first PT appt today and my PT guy says that since this is the 2nd time around he wants me to wait 4-6 months before popping-up on a board. I said okay how's about body boarding? He said, 4-6 months before using swim fins again.

Anybody got a prone paddleboard they want to sell? How am I supposed to go 6 months without catching a wave? Sh!T, I'm so ashamed for even contemplating this, but I think I'm going to have to buy a SUP. I DONT EVEN OWN A TRUCKER CAP. This is karma for burning SUPs for so many years.

G-ddamn't, pass me a pint of kassers. FćK

Don't do it, your knee won't hold up very well on an SUP, you probably just need find a new sport for the time being, besides, you wouldn't be any good at it for at least 6 months anyways. That's no knock on you, it's just not easy as most people think. I haven't surfed mine in over a year man, I just long distance paddle and fish off mine now.

Images
    Fark Gaff sorry to hear about the lengthy recovery time.

6 months!?!?!?! Yuck. I think I'd be forced to duct tape a broom handle to the outside of my leg and peg leg it on a sponge. Paddle with your arms. At least you could catch a few on the small days.

Yeah, it's malpractice; but it's not like winning the lotto or anything. I'm pretty pissed; but even if I get some kind of settlement it ain't gonna be anywhere near enough to quit my day job. More like a surf trip.
    I had a doc give me gangrene. I thought I had a good liar, er lawyer.
    Reaguns was prez. he was a lackey to the AMA. he went on tv crying about a fat guy who got a big settlement after getting his gut stapled, stuffing his big fat face, and bursting his gut. typical repug tactic. make an example of 1 guy to fug us all.
    My suit started at a million. got 24,000 before expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Don't do it, your knee won't hold up very well on an SUP, you probably just need find a new sport for the time being, besides, you wouldn't be any good at it for at least 6 months anyways. That's no knock on you, it's just not easy as most people think. I haven't surfed mine in over a year man, I just long distance paddle and fish off mine now.
    "it's just not easy as most people think"

I'm sorry, I had to laugh at this. The one and only time I've ever SUPd I found it pretty damn easy to catch waves. As in, as soon as I got on the thing, I paddled out and I was catching waves. The only problem I had was that as soon as I caught one, I had a tendency to throw away the paddle since it kind of screwed up the whole experience of actually riding the wave and then I had to go get it, which kind of pissed off my friend who's gear it was. This was about 10 years ago when they first appeared on the scene and one of my buddy's was like "you gotta try this". It's not like it's really hard to balance on a 24" - 26" wide board, I've been surfing since I was 6 J and we're about the same age.

"it's just not easy as most people think"

I'm sorry, I had to laugh at this. The one and only time I've ever SUPd I found it pretty damn easy to catch waves. As in, as soon as I got on the thing, I paddled out and I was catching waves. The only problem I had was that as soon as I caught one, I had a tendency to throw away the paddle since it kind of screwed up the whole experience of actually riding the wave and then I had to go get it, which kind of pissed off my friend who's gear it was. This was about 10 years ago when they first appeared on the scene and one of my buddy's was like "you gotta try this". It's not like it's really hard to balance on a 24" - 26" wide board, I've been surfing since I was 6 J and we're about the same age.
    Wow that's not how I pictured you, much fatter than I thought

right click, save as dawnpatrolsup

Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    right click, save as dawnpatrolsup
    Cute, real cute haha