LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

RI vs NJ for SPONGERS

These are my types of waves that I like to ride.
    img_4918.jpg
    img_4815.jpg
    LI yesterday
    LI).jpg

Hey, my name might be longboarder, but I've converted to sponging. Anyway, one weakness I notice about RI is the lack of good beach breaks. People think we have a lot of breaks, but the vast majority are rock bottom crappy mushy/slow waves. Seriously, point judith is basically almost complete mush with scattered boulders everywhere where you can crack your head open if you fall. Matunuck might be hollow, but it's a low speed wave with a very shallow drop wave that is meant for longboarding. Not a good wave for sponging. The beach breaks around here are super fickle without any real pattern. Sure they can get good. But they can also go extended periods of time sucking even with good winds/solid swell on them. And on top of it there's only a few in the whole state. You could spend all day checking each beach break in the entire state driving in circles and never find a high quality non closeout A-frame breaking NOT shorepounding like in those pics during a normal 4 feet at 9 seconds swell event. Trust me I've done it in search of good sponging waves. Lots of gas wasted without scoring on multiple occations

I'm wondering if any of the spongers or short boarders find NJ to be a lot better as long as you're willing to drive and check breaks? I'm thinking since you have MILES of beach break that sand bars form in different spots?

What's the verdict? NJ or RI for sponging?

Also, most of our beach breaks NEVER get as good as in those pics. Many of them close out too much, some shorepound, some lack speed(first beach) and lack steepness.

Still ripping off other people's pictures, I see. What happened, did you get tired of pulling YouTube videos of spongers at Teahupoo?

Don't forget to drop about 87 names of spongers that you don't know personally.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Still ripping off other people's pictures, I see. What happened, did you get tired of pulling YouTube videos of spongers at Teahupoo?

Don't forget to drop about 87 names of spongers that you don't know personally.
    unprovoked attack. On top of it. I never claimed they were MY pictures. The guy wawa something uploaded them today on THIS site!

"Anyway, one weakness I notice about RI is the lack of good beach breaks. People think we have a lot of breaks, but the vast majority are rock bottom crappy mushy/slow waves. Seriously, point judith is basically almost complete mush with scattered boulders everywhere where you can crack your head open if you fall. Matunuck might be hollow, but it's a low speed wave with a very shallow drop wave that is meant for longboarding."

PLEASE make posters, fliers, t-shirts, ANYthing that says this on it and begin handing them out. To Anyone and Everyone. Get on the local news. Get vocal! Be an activist! You shouldn't have to stand for this and neither should Others! Get OUT there! Spread the word!
    Please...before...before it's too late.
    Don't take this lying down like you do everything else.
    Godspeed

That wasn't long. Glad to hear you still are afraid of the point and dont possess means of transportation to get anywhere in this state.

Hey were you the dude, sponging town beach yesterday around 7am?

Quote Originally Posted by Hayduke Lives View Post
    That wasn't long. Glad to hear you still are afraid of the point and dont possess means of transportation to get anywhere in this state.

Hey were you the dude, sponging town beach yesterday around 7am?
    No hayduke(emass). Every sponger you see in the water is not me. lol

Quote Originally Posted by kpd73 View Post
    "Anyway, one weakness I notice about RI is the lack of good beach breaks. People think we have a lot of breaks, but the vast majority are rock bottom crappy mushy/slow waves. Seriously, point judith is basically almost complete mush with scattered boulders everywhere where you can crack your head open if you fall. Matunuck might be hollow, but it's a low speed wave with a very shallow drop wave that is meant for longboarding."

PLEASE make posters, fliers, t-shirts, ANYthing that says this on it and begin handing them out. To Anyone and Everyone. Get on the local news. Get vocal! Be an activist! You shouldn't have to stand for this and neither should Others! Get OUT there! Spread the word!
    Please...before...before it's too late.
    Don't take this lying down like you do everything else.
    Godspeed
    What are you complaining about. You have one of the best longboards wave on the ec at matunuck.

Hayduke you were at town beach yesterday? Was it not close out city? Exactly what I'm complaining about on here.

Images
    ^^^^^sounds like shart smeller, to me!!!!