LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Longboard pumping

Getting more into longboarding and my bud lets me use his performance one here and there. a lot more pumpability to it than the classic single but I've yet to discover some keys to working it well..upon risking shame in asking about this I'm hoping someone can give a tip aboot body position and such

Images
    In my opinion just keep riding it and moving your feet in different spots. You have to find that sweet spot and only experience will do that. clearly move back for harder turns and move forward for speed but to find that spot only you will be able to find it. Once I moved my foot back a inch or two and it all clicked on my short board. Nobody online was going to be able to tell me that. keep riding the board and experimenting and it will come

Longboard pumping ----- Dewey Weber is rolling over in his grave.
    Last edited by Recycled Surfer; Jun 8, 2014 at 11:37 PM. Reason: .

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by patgeds22 View Post
    Getting more into longboarding and my bud lets me use his performance one here and there. a lot more pumpability to it than the classic single but I've yet to discover some keys to working it well..upon risking shame in asking about this I'm hoping someone can give a tip aboot body position and such
    You might be able to get 1-2 if you're in the right spot at the right time. Just expect to be much more deliberate and slow than your SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Surfer View Post

pretty much what he said

^^^+1

Minimum 10 characters

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Surfer View Post
    Donald Takayama just rose from his like The Crow.

Images
    Brah long boarding is all about the glide... And the nose ride .. And style ... Thus said- no pumping...

Sure you can climb up and down the wave face to gain speed... But pumping??? Nah - not needed... I wouldn't worry about it

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Ah.... thank you Clemson. I haven't surfed in a week but clips like that can keep the stoke alive.

Can't help but mention, seems like Alex Knost is pumping it up with that crouched arm throw from the nose...