LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    No one listens to Turtle

I didn't call you any names. "Little man", are you someone who views those who are short of stature as inferior? Did you know that Mark Richards is something like 5'5"? Kelly Slater's not really 5'9", I've seen the guy up close, he's barely 5'8". Man if you hate litte people you better quit surfing now chief. Surfing is dominated by the diminutive. Really big an tall guys like myself are at a natural disadvantage. Most progressive shapers Chris Christenson, Daniel Thomson, Manny Caro, Roy Stuart; are all 5'7" or shorter. Well, maybe not Roy Stuart, I think he's like 5'10". Little people have a long and proud history in the sport of surfing and surfing has always supported their acceptance by society as a whole and to break down stereotypes like this:

I think you should be ashamed of yourself heightist.

And no, my wife hasn't modeled since she was in her late teens. Now she's a horn-rimmed, glasses; business skirt-suit, wearing, banker type.
    Surfing is the only thing in life that I get jealous of when it comes to short dudes. Lower center of gravity goes a long way in our world...short little fukers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Surfing is the only thing in life that I get jealous of when it comes to short dudes. Lower center of gravity goes a long way in our world...short little fukers.
    in nj if you're 2ft tall you can well surf 1footers and call yourself a professional.
    and do they ever…..to the chagrin of surfers that have actually mastered the sport...

Images
    Summer 2014 Hello thread?

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyfloater View Post
    Anyone ever see a middle aged kook who takes like 20 mins to stand up..one leg at a time, whiffs most takeoffs and then if he even makes the section, has a style that resembles one taking a crap? Steer clear of this loser...
    Come to think of it. Does this dude have really blonde hair, huffs really hard paddling and only surfs in the summer. He acts like he owns the place, but sucks. then yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Summer 2014 Hello thread?
    Could be. Lookin' like it's got room to run. Some of the standard-bearers remain hunkered down....Spicoli, for instance, has been oddly quiet of late - - this thread may draw his irey-ness.

Anyone ever see a middle aged kook who takes like 20 mins to stand up..one leg at a time, whiffs most takeoffs and then if he even makes the section, has a style that resembles one taking a crap? Steer clear of this loser...
    What if he is a disabled vet who put his a$$ on the line so you have the freedom to feel superior to him even though you are a total rookie on this forum? What then dude? "Anyone seen the old lady who takes five minutes to cross the street Ha ha, and she looks like she's taking a crap when she makes it across." Keep making fun of the handicapped. Very impressive.

Oh, jerseyfoater: I blast airs and huge floaters on the regs. Every morning.

Summer. Time for guys to drive around with boards on their cars, nose first instead of fins first of course and never taking them off the roof, and the water loaded with learners. Something we all were at one time. Day after that first storm in January, 6 degree air, 38 degree water, chest to head high and 2 guys out. I miss the winter. But if I want to watch guys in their 40's yell at 15 year olds, I can do that at home just fine. Try to remember, surfing is about fun first, so dial it back, there's always next winter, and besides if you go very early and to the right spots in the you can get plenty of waves for yourself in the summer.

Bradley Beach can get kinda aggro. There's a crew there that all knows each other really really well. They're all getting kinda old now though. They can be unnecessarily dooshy if someone gets slightly out of line, or if someone is catching too many waves. I've been guilty of the latter, I guess, sorry fellas. Oh well. I've never experienced the level of attitude at any other spot in NJ like I've experienced in Bradley. It's odd.

Quote Originally Posted by salt View Post
    Bradley Beach can get kinda aggro. There's a crew there that all knows each other really really well. They're all getting kinda old now though. They can be unnecessarily dooshy if someone gets slightly out of line, or if someone is catching too many waves. I've been guilty of the latter, I guess, sorry fellas. Oh well. I've never experienced the level of attitude at any other spot in NJ like I've experienced in Bradley. It's odd.
    No other agro spots like Bradley? Oohh you aint been around.