Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 101
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyfloater View Post
    Anyone ever see a middle aged kook who takes like 20 mins to stand up..one leg at a time, whiffs most takeoffs and then if he even makes the section, has a style that resembles one taking a crap? Steer clear of this loser...
    Come to think of it. Does this dude have really blonde hair, huffs really hard paddling and only surfs in the summer. He acts like he owns the place, but sucks. then yeah.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    8,130
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Summer 2014 Hello thread?
    Could be. Lookin' like it's got room to run. Some of the standard-bearers remain hunkered down....Spicoli, for instance, has been oddly quiet of late - - this thread may draw his irey-ness.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    3,557
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyfloater View Post
    Anyone ever see a middle aged kook who takes like 20 mins to stand up..one leg at a time, whiffs most takeoffs and then if he even makes the section, has a style that resembles one taking a crap? Steer clear of this loser...
    What if he is a disabled vet who put his a$$ on the line so you have the freedom to feel superior to him even though you are a total rookie on this forum? What then dude? "Anyone seen the old lady who takes five minutes to cross the street Ha ha, and she looks like she's taking a crap when she makes it across." Keep making fun of the handicapped. Very impressive.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    3,557
    Oh, jerseyfoater: I blast airs and huge floaters on the regs. Every morning.

  5. #35
    Summer. Time for guys to drive around with boards on their cars, nose first instead of fins first of course and never taking them off the roof, and the water loaded with learners. Something we all were at one time. Day after that first storm in January, 6 degree air, 38 degree water, chest to head high and 2 guys out. I miss the winter. But if I want to watch guys in their 40's yell at 15 year olds, I can do that at home just fine. Try to remember, surfing is about fun first, so dial it back, there's always next winter, and besides if you go very early and to the right spots in the you can get plenty of waves for yourself in the summer.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyfloater View Post
    Anyone ever see a middle aged kook who takes like 20 mins to stand up..one leg at a time, whiffs most takeoffs and then if he even makes the section, has a style that resembles one taking a crap? Steer clear of this loser...
    Bradley Beach can get kinda aggro. There's a crew there that all knows each other really really well. They're all getting kinda old now though. They can be unnecessarily dooshy if someone gets slightly out of line, or if someone is catching too many waves. I've been guilty of the latter, I guess, sorry fellas. Oh well. I've never experienced the level of attitude at any other spot in NJ like I've experienced in Bradley. It's odd.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by salt View Post
    Bradley Beach can get kinda aggro. There's a crew there that all knows each other really really well. They're all getting kinda old now though. They can be unnecessarily dooshy if someone gets slightly out of line, or if someone is catching too many waves. I've been guilty of the latter, I guess, sorry fellas. Oh well. I've never experienced the level of attitude at any other spot in NJ like I've experienced in Bradley. It's odd.
    No other agro spots like Bradley? Oohh you aint been around.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    What if he is a disabled vet who put his a$$ on the line so you have the freedom to feel superior to him even though you are a total rookie on this forum? What then dude? "Anyone seen the old lady who takes five minutes to cross the street Ha ha, and she looks like she's taking a crap when she makes it across." Keep making fun of the handicapped. Very impressive.
    Indeed. Unless they are seriously impacting you in some way, it is best not to criticize someone unless you know their story. One time my wife and I were in a noisy big box store. An older guy walks by in sandals with socks going up over his knees. Once I thought he was out of earshot I said to my wife "Hey, check out that guy's socks." Well, he comes shooting over to me and procedes to explain how he's had a half dozen surgeries on his legs and he was wearing compression socks to maintain circulation. Not only did he have a medical condition but apparently phenomenal hearing as well. Made me feel like dirt and rightfully so. Lesson learned.

    They say that whenever you feel like criticizing someone you should first walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do criticize them, you are a mile away.

    And you have their shoes... RIMSHOT

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    212
    I surf bradley more than I surf anywhere else. I've never had any problems with anyone copping a 'tude or anything of the like. I have to say I really enjoy it here. Nice and quiet but the prime drinking holes are just a few miles each way.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ocean County NJ
    Posts
    2,222
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by salt View Post
    Bradley Beach can get kinda aggro. There's a crew there that all knows each other really really well. They're all getting kinda old now though. They can be unnecessarily dooshy if someone gets slightly out of line, or if someone is catching too many waves. I've been guilty of the latter, I guess, sorry fellas. Oh well. I've never experienced the level of attitude at any other spot in NJ like I've experienced in Bradley. It's odd.
    "The Duke"? Does that pos tool bag still surf there? He was the biggest wave whore, 20 years ago lol. How about PJ, does he still surf there? PJ was cool though. How about "surf report" or "birdman"? "Stormin Norman"? "Chef"? "Banker Bob"? Timmy Blair and Pauly? "Ringman" aka "ringer"? "Mr Aloha"? Kevin? Mike Ferrari, lol?