LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    What if he is a disabled vet who put his a$$ on the line so you have the freedom to feel superior to him even though you are a total rookie on this forum? What then dude? "Anyone seen the old lady who takes five minutes to cross the street Ha ha, and she looks like she's taking a crap when she makes it across." Keep making fun of the handicapped. Very impressive.
    Indeed. Unless they are seriously impacting you in some way, it is best not to criticize someone unless you know their story. One time my wife and I were in a noisy big box store. An older guy walks by in sandals with socks going up over his knees. Once I thought he was out of earshot I said to my wife "Hey, check out that guy's socks." Well, he comes shooting over to me and procedes to explain how he's had a half dozen surgeries on his legs and he was wearing compression socks to maintain circulation. Not only did he have a medical condition but apparently phenomenal hearing as well. Made me feel like dirt and rightfully so. Lesson learned.

They say that whenever you feel like criticizing someone you should first walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do criticize them, you are a mile away.

And you have their shoes... RIMSHOT

I surf bradley more than I surf anywhere else. I've never had any problems with anyone copping a 'tude or anything of the like. I have to say I really enjoy it here. Nice and quiet but the prime drinking holes are just a few miles each way.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by salt View Post
    Bradley Beach can get kinda aggro. There's a crew there that all knows each other really really well. They're all getting kinda old now though. They can be unnecessarily dooshy if someone gets slightly out of line, or if someone is catching too many waves. I've been guilty of the latter, I guess, sorry fellas. Oh well. I've never experienced the level of attitude at any other spot in NJ like I've experienced in Bradley. It's odd.
    "The Duke"? Does that pos tool bag still surf there? He was the biggest wave whore, 20 years ago lol. How about PJ, does he still surf there? PJ was cool though. How about "surf report" or "birdman"? "Stormin Norman"? "Chef"? "Banker Bob"? Timmy Blair and Pauly? "Ringman" aka "ringer"? "Mr Aloha"? Kevin? Mike Ferrari, lol?

Really????? And I guess that you are one hot rippa yourself?? I have found in my 31 years of surfing that when you are the one making comments as the one above, you might want to look in the mirror. And if it is the case with this guy in Bradley.....so what. as long as he knows to try and stay away from causing any problems/collisions out in the water, let the man learn. there have been times over the last 3 decades when after a major shoulder surgery, I was not, by far, as smooth getting to me feet as when before the surgery. It would take me a few weeks to get back to how I surfed before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by fl.surfdog View Post
    Kook calling a kook a kook....wow
    Kookception?

I'll see myself out, thanks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    "The Duke"? Does that pos tool bag still surf there? He was the biggest wave whore, 20 years ago lol. How about PJ, does he still surf there? PJ was cool though. How about "surf report" or "birdman"? "Stormin Norman"? "Chef"? "Banker Bob"? Timmy Blair and Pauly? "Ringman" aka "ringer"? "Mr Aloha"? Kevin? Mike Ferrari, lol?
    Oh Man!!! you know it lol .... that was some crew- they don't make them like that any more... those guys are all still around for the most part, although they don't surf as much... but when they do!!! lol yea the duke was always a pain, in the summer he will make a cameo appearance once in a while, but I think he surfs else where. he was always nice to your face- just liked to get all the waves. PJs the man- snowboarding now. the chef cut his hair. Pauly... well paulys pauly- gotta love him! all those guys are great, loved that crew... remember the tick??? what every happened to the tick? I still see him cruising on his bike every so often. banker bob.... hahah....dude he actually pops up once in a while!! he is in central America- I remember a few years ago out of no where and not seeing him for years- he knocks on my door and asked me to fix a board for him... haha... love that guy...

ok... now I really miss Bradley... those where the days... those where the days...

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    No one listens to Turtle

Did you know that Mark Richards is something like 5'5"? Kelly Slater's not really 5'9", I've seen the guy up close, he's barely 5'8". Man if you hate litte people you better quit surfing now chief. Surfing is dominated by the diminutive. Really big an tall guys like myself are at a natural disadvantage. Most progressive shapers Chris Christenson, Daniel Thomson, Manny Caro, Roy Stuart; are all 5'7" or shorter. Well, maybe not Roy Stuart, I think he's like 5'10". Little people have a long and proud history in the sport of surfing and surfing has always supported their acceptance by society as a whole and to break down stereotypes like this:
    I don't think Mark Richards is that short. he seems tall and lanky.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by salt View Post
    There's a crew there that all knows each other really really well. They're all getting kinda old now though.
    Bradley represent yo! just don't call us old.... and far from agro.... haha

see you in the water- just don't make any mistakes!
    Last edited by walkingonh2o; Jun 11, 2014 at 02:53 PM.

Images
    #do you even ride 23 foot waves and bang Hindus bro?

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    #do you even ride 23 foot waves and bang Hindus bro?
    Actually, This guy I'm referring to has been surfing over 25 yrs. Horrible. his takeoff is comical. One leg up..then drop down face. At bottom of wave other leg comes up. By now he has missed his bottom turn and takes his "I have to ****" stance as he cuts into whitewater furious he whiffed yet another wave. He rides a longboard and has a guido / linebacker mentality. Surfs North Bradley, in front of bingo place. Biggest kook I ever knew / saw...