LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59

Thread: #saltlife

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Thank you sir. Just ate at Taco Lu
    How was it?? Along with Cinnotti's Those are two of the local faves for sure...

    Also if you want 3 more pages on this forum give a "critique" of the Salt Life Restaurant,next to Mellow Mushroom(which is also pretty good)


    And when this darned humidity gets to you, Head over to Rita's Italian ice(on 3rd) or my favorite Ohana's shaved ice, its small and kinda hard to find but its pretty solid and the people are great!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    4,022
    Images
    26
    Got ya... Wasn't sure what the deal was. It's all OVER Hilton Head. A lot of local's here have the Salt Life fishing stickers on the back of their trucks, and the 18-19 year old local post-high-school grads all have the stickers on their beat up Hyundai Excels. I don't see a lot of their shirts, cause there are a bunch of local HHI companies that rule the tee-shirt market (Salty Dog etc). But I am only 2 hours from JAX so I could see their reach making it up here, but a lot of the people I see here year round have their trucks and cars all repping this "Salt Life" thing. I wasn't sure if it was some southern pride thing, or a Hollister style joke.

    I am assuming it is basically the Hollister of the south.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tinton Falls, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    456
    Images
    18
    Its just a catchy slogan, or term, or something. Like, Life Is Good, and the company apparently has marketing skills, since they've made it this far with just a single slogan. They feed on the people, that for some reason, need to let others know they like the beach, so they put a sticker on their car. I'm cool, because I like the beach.

    But, hey, if it was your idea, you wouldn't be mocking it, you'd be raking in the cash.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    4,022
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by SI_Admin View Post
    Its just a catchy slogan, or term, or something. Like, Life Is Good, and the company apparently has marketing skills, since they've made it this far with just a single slogan. They feed on the people, that for some reason, need to let others know they like the beach, so they put a sticker on their car. I'm cool, because I like the beach.

    But, hey, if it was your idea, you wouldn't be mocking it, you'd be raking in the cash.
    No doubt, I ain't mad at em... I just wanted to ask this crew, because surfer's are a tricky bunch with regards to what they consider "acceptable". Some guys won't wear name brand boardies and only buy from local shapers. I doubt they would be rocking the "salt life", I just wondered if there is some niche with this Salt Life stuff where the grommites, with trucker hats, neon green Zach Morris glasses and their short cut boardies, all sponsored by Salt Life were running around the Florida beaches. You know, the ones that are dressing the way the kids in California were dressing like 10 years ago... Usually happens that way. I figure, in 5 more years in South Carolina, I will probably start seeing the styles that were "in" when I left CA...

    Not sure where Salt Life fit into it all. Like I mentioned, there is a company called "Salty Dog". It a logo of a Black Lab with a rain hat on. Its a little cafe down on the south end. Anyway, they opened their own tee shirt wearhouse and they have one in the outlets too, and they pump out something like 10 Million per year in tee shirts and merchandise sales... hats and all that... But the funny thing is, NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT REALLY IS. People just see the store, things it's catchy, kind of like the MR DUCKS or the BLACK LABS shirts from back in the day. I know the guys that run the Salty Dog company and they were laughing about it a couple months ago. They opened a retail store in Key West, and people have NO IDEA what the salty dog is... Its just a restaurant on Hilton Head, and they are KILLING it in Key West....

    Its a cool shirt. But it literally means nothing, and they are over 10 mill in sales every year. crazy.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    No doubt, I ain't mad at em... I just wanted to ask this crew, because surfer's are a tricky bunch with regards to what they consider "acceptable". Some guys won't wear name brand boardies and only buy from local shapers. I doubt they would be rocking the "salt life", I just wondered if there is some niche with this Salt Life stuff where the grommites, with trucker hats, neon green Zach Morris glasses and their short cut boardies, all sponsored by Salt Life were running around the Florida beaches. You know, the ones that are dressing the way the kids in California were dressing like 10 years ago... Usually happens that way. I figure, in 5 more years in South Carolina, I will probably start seeing the styles that were "in" when I left CA...

    Not sure where Salt Life fit into it all. Like I mentioned, there is a company called "Salty Dog". It a logo of a Black Lab with a rain hat on. Its a little cafe down on the south end. Anyway, they opened their own tee shirt wearhouse and they have one in the outlets too, and they pump out something like 10 Million per year in tee shirts and merchandise sales... hats and all that... But the funny thing is, NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT REALLY IS. People just see the store, things it's catchy, kind of like the MR DUCKS or the BLACK LABS shirts from back in the day. I know the guys that run the Salty Dog company and they were laughing about it a couple months ago. They opened a retail store in Key West, and people have NO IDEA what the salty dog is... Its just a restaurant on Hilton Head, and they are KILLING it in Key West....

    Its a cool shirt. But it literally means nothing, and they are over 10 mill in sales every year. crazy.
    I hope for your sake the style from California doesn't hit SC. It came to Monmouth County a while, but it's mainly in NY (Brooklyn) especially. Hipsters. I have to give Cali a huge f u middle finger for bringing that hipster **** here. It is the worst. neon sun glasses, neon shoes, I listen to music that no one else heard. Save that pretentious **** for Cali and leave it with all the fakes out there.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    4,022
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by barrels4liam View Post
    I hope for your sake the style from California doesn't hit SC. It came to Monmouth County a while, but it's mainly in NY (Brooklyn) especially. Hipsters. I have to give Cali a huge f u middle finger for bringing that hipster **** here. It is the worst. neon sun glasses, neon shoes, I listen to music that no one else heard. Save that pretentious **** for Cali and leave it with all the fakes out there.
    Ohh I hear you, I honestly had never heard the term "Hipster" until I left. I just thought that "Hipster" meant, native Southern California male between the ages of 14 and 30.... I guess the only reason they didn;t call themselves hipsters, is because they would show up to the beach at the bar in their hipster outfits, but then you see them out at Sunday Brunch with their parents and they are dressed like Carlton Banks in their pink khaki shorts, Sperries and their polo sweater tied around their necks... So, I guess that "style" all did derive from the LA, Southern California youth... That is where the Hipster ideals come from. If you aren't from LA or SoCal, you couldn't possibly be in the know about music. If it doesn't come from here, it sucks. New York, hahaha.... those silly, cold weather fools. Nothing cool is from New York, we send them the style and the music that we didn't want.

    But yeah, I would be TOTALLY cool if none of their newer styles make it this way. It only got worse in recent years. I am still seeing trucker hats down here on a regular basis, less and less each month, but still, they EXIST, and that was Southern CA beaches, Circa 2002, so we are still living on a 10-12 year delay....

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BELMAR, NJ
    Posts
    1,299
    Images
    1
    yo bradas I got a great idea!!! to get back at all those #saltlife ppl- and to make mr.swellinfo some sweet cash in his pocket... lets start to make our own slogan.. or saying... or what ever you call it- we can make t-shirts and trucker hats and car window sticker and maybe even wallets!!

    #SwellInfoLife

    Love it!!!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    4,022
    Images
    26
    #metard was rocking a pretty sweet Salt Life shirt in one of the pics he posted, and trust me, he did NOT photoshop the logo on there. I could tell.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,078
    Images
    6
    Yeah walking!

    #SwellInfoLife
    #SI4Lyfe
    #EasyPaddleouts@ArtificialReefs

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    4,022
    Images
    26
    #belmarlife

    #bigwavesbiggerweightsbiggestwallets

    #belmar