LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What do you do...

Anybody here work in business in the NH/ME area that doesn't hate their job?

As I get deeper into life on the cube farm, I'm desperately trying to find alternative means.

Are any of you able to hold down an interesting professional life without have to commute 4 hours each day to Boston, Massivetwo****s?

Find out where you want to live then find your work. You only live once...don't be miserable. You may not get rich but your life will be...Jai

#1 reason I went back to school, I do in fact hate my job. You are not alone my man. Consider school for something you like. They give out student loans like skittles these days.

I lived in Bristol RI for a few years and worked in Portsmouth, RI most of that time... until we had a client that required my presence daily in Boston. This was during the "the Big F$%^ing Dig" which meant unholy a-holes chewing on each others bumpers for 2+ hrs each way. That lasted 6 month. Took 6+ years off my life and raised even more contempt for most humans - and put 25 lbs on me. My point: GTFO. NOW. It will only get worse...
    I decided I wanted a more laid back environment, less stress, warm water, nature aplenty... narrowed down to a few areas and began to job hunt. I took the best offer in a place I knew I would like living.I found a new gig and moved to FL. (back in dirty jerz now... another thread).

Was miserable with job + Life in NJ.

Moved to CA, live on the Beach and still hate my job! Quality of life is much better though

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scobeyville View Post
    Was miserable with job + Life in NJ.

Moved to CA, live on the Beach and still hate my job! Quality of life is much better though
    x2. Got outta dodge the second I graduated college. Quit my first job in SD. The pay was SICK, but the office hours were too long and I was outta the water. Traded that gig in for a job that was scheduled around allowing me to surf every day. Was never happier. Learned a lot more from Managing people in the restaurant business than I ever did jocking wall street for Merryl Lynch. Happiest time of my life.... lived happily in CA for 11 years, moved back to the east coast, but I didn't have it in me to move back to Delmarva or anywhere near Baltimore/DC. I am a changed man. Dont have the cold weather or black heart to live in the beltway area ever again.

If you aren't happy now, you will continue to be more unhappy as every day passes. Take the time now, before responsibilities and the burdens of live get so heavy that you will no longer have the ability to think for yourself, much less move somewhere that doesn't have you spinning the barrel of a hand gun with one bullet in it every day before bed, wondering if it's time to play the game.
    Last edited by zach619; Jun 12, 2014 at 08:18 PM.

Images
    2 miles from work...15 miles from beach...love my job and wife loves her (though hours can be difficult). BUT we moved her first, found work second and it has worked out great. timing is everything. winter sux a fat 1, but oh well, swells good!

I love my job lol,used to hate it.recently met this big time old former pro surfer at my job,guy parks next to me everyday and never knew who he was.now I cant get rid of him,but hes always telling some epic stories and kind of mentoring me.im not gonna drop his name,but im sure everyone on here knows him

third shift line cook at waffle house

love my job

toddle house in the house dogs