LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Surfing Disney Typhoon Lagoon

So the wife won out. We are going to disney instead of Costa Rica. Thinking about booking Typhoon lagoon for a private surf one morning for the kids and I.

Anybody ever surf it? Fun? Worth the $? Too big/hard for a 12 and 10 year old?

thanks,

Ugh blow your head off man. Seriously best advice I can give.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    So the wife won out. We are going to disney instead of Costa Rica. Thinking about booking Typhoon lagoon for a private surf one morning for the kids and I.

Anybody ever surf it? Fun? Worth the $? Too big/hard for a 12 and 10 year old?

thanks,
    You know you can get hantavirus from mouse piss, right?

Images
    Dean save your money and just go to the beach with the family and never touch a surfboard again. those waves suck so bad not worth sh*t

Images
    Im going in November bro. Don't feel bad. I am going to drive over to Cocoa one morning in hopes of real waves, but these don't look as bad as they are saying. It's no wavehouse, but it looks fun for a family.

Third pic looks like he is about 12 or so... Let me know how bad it is, cause I may be giving it a shot in the fall. I always thought the wavehouse was lame until I tried it. When that thing is macking, its difficult and very rewarding. Don't think Disney is going to allow the tomfollery that they do in mission beach, but screw it, I would go. So would Eddie.

Images
    I mean, why not be able to say, Yeah, I surfed a wave pool before. Check that off the spot check list. I have done the fake standup barrel before, but not an actual wave pool designed for surfing.

Images
    yea i agree with you guys but it costs 1000 dollars for 100 waves.

Yea I agree With you Zach619, The youtube vids look alright actually. and its better then not surfing at all right...

100 waves just me and the boys.. could be the best part about Disney altogether...

I got 40% off my room with the cast member discount. Friends cousin works for corporate.

Images
    Haha. I am going there on a free 4 night stay at a 4 star place. I have to spend 2 hours listening to a Time Share presentation though... Bastards.

But where are you guys seeing the pricing for the wave thing? I dont see it on their site. $10.00 per wave is a little steep, but It would just be me. I would do 10 waves or so for $100 if they would let me. I see no harm in that.