LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    se nc didn't pick up any of that swell you guys have been getting for the last several weeks

been really crappy here
    been crappy there.
    same here.
    the strain.

haiku-schmaiku

Images
    saturday...began at sunrise for a few hours - decent size, a little mushy, but strong was getting in very early when one lined up right...sunday began left the house at sunrise (but got to drive an hour south - that was my father's day present) and hit some small, but fun waves. both days not at my typical spot, which was great! with everyone back in the water waiting your turn can take a while, then dodging said returnees can become a little laborious and ruin some good rides. only had to bail on two waves over six hours and a two day period (called off one which was alright 'cause i was pumpin the living shyte out of it and going nowhere, the second turned to paddle and noticed a dude bobbing in the water right in my line 10 ft in front of me...would have been a good one). so all in all, a great weekend!

emass, jealous of the boardies though, had i gone out later in the day i definitely would have ditched the 5/3...i'm baking in that thing. on that note, ditched the 3mm booties this weekend too - so liberating!

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    liam you can't even spell barrell properly so I'm fine being a tool in comparison to your Home Depot of a self. The pidgin is really used to make you brahs/bros/braws/brus/braddahs laugh soooo....boom. Mission accomplished and glad your day is that much lighter.

There was no coitus with said wahine. She is buddy's sis so I don't ever cross those lines. There are more than enough phillies in the lineup this summah and respectable, classy personnel management of the franchise is always kept a high priority.

LBCrew that's dope. You've got yourself an artist on your hands as well as a lil ripper if she pulled off a 60 yard hot pocket.
    Nice to see that you're an honorable fellow, Spicoli.

But, now be honest, did you touch yourself later that evening thinking aboot her?

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    Some of us dove. One of us died of a broken neck on an oyster bar off a bridge in Jupiter. One of us is still paralyzed from diving off the crow's nest at Pumphouse. Good rule of thumb is to snorkel or free dive the spot you are going to take the plunge, just to see if there is any old cars or steel rods to avoid. Prolonged flat spells will make you do strange things.

Can I ask how these accidents occurred? From hitting the bottom or just too much impact on the water? The quarries we jump are clean, regulated, lifeguards during day but not early morning or best.. post surf/beach day!

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    ya think if i titled the thread WHY CAUCASIANS SURF BETTER it might have stayed open??
    Maybe.....

Noticed nobody has complained aboot me calling YT "Them" and "Those people"

REVERSE RACISM !! REVERSE RACISM !!

Hey what's our version of the NAACP? I need to contact somebody. Probably need a lawyer, too......

Quote Originally Posted by ElSalt View Post
    Can I ask how these accidents occurred? From hitting the bottom or just too much impact on the water? The quarries we jump are clean, regulated, lifeguards during day but not early morning or best.. post surf/beach day!
    The Jupiter incident was on the Alt. A1A bridge, only 15 - 20 feet so it lends itself to diving. The Loxahatchee River can be very murky after summer rains, and no one snorkeled the spot on incoming tide to scout out hazards. Everyone missed the oyster bar but one guy who missed the channel. The Pumphouse crow's nest incident was due to the guy missing the suck hole and hitting shallow sand nearby. It was clear, he just misjudged his landing. Maybe a bit of alcohol and reefer were involved in the decision making process and the execution of the aformentioned plunges to disaster. I can't say for sure because it was long ago, but I can safely assume common intoxicants were involved. Anyone tripping on shrooms would have better common sense. I'm guessing booze. Probably cheap beer.

Probably the most fun I've ever had. First clean waves I've ever surfed. Actually, I can say these were that only decent waves I've ever surfed.

As predicted, I swallowed a fair share of water. Up my nose, mouth, eyes, ears. Caught one that I remember in particular without really looking at it, turned out to be bigger than I thought (well, big to me, biggest I've surfed to date), thought I was the man....decided to act all fancy on my fun shape, ride it like a longboard...what could go wrong? You don't need to turn, you've got this. You've been surfing for a few weeks, you can do this. Yeah toes on the nose bros. Do that they said, it will be fun they said. Dip, straight forward, mouth full of water, epic faceplant, board miraculously continues to surf without me. Realized my leash came off (how the hell does that happen in New England surf?). Absolutely ruined what turned out to be the best wave I caught that day. Learned a few lessons though, and found out I'm nowhere near I need to be cardio wise. Doubling up on gym time.

Rest of the weekend was unreal. No shortage of scenery, weather was awesome.

Emass, you're nuts for going with trunks man. Props for braving the chill, this guy had no intention of freezing. I am not built for the cold man.

I'm hitting Hampton tomorrow AM. MSW has it at 2-3 ft semi clean. After that weekend though....ehhhh....I understand now. I need to just say stop comparing, and just enjoy it.

I'm hitting Hampton tomorrow AM. MSW has it at 2-3 ft semi clean. After that weekend though....ehhhh....I understand now. I need to just say stop comparing, and just enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

HEY !!! You can't quote MSW surf predictions on here.

I can feel Mr. Swellinfo Guy's rage a brewing.

You know those guys are foreigners, right?

And foreigners can't predict American waves properly. It has something to do with the metric system or something.

BUY AMERICAN when buying surf predictions !!

George Washington didn't kill the Germans and Japanese for you to be getting surf predictions from Europe, man.

I didn't know that.

We are back to back world war champs, and I'll be damned if I use any of that Euro junk!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of SJB View Post
    I'm hitting Hampton tomorrow AM. MSW has it at 2-3 ft semi clean. After that weekend though....ehhhh....I understand now. I need to just say stop comparing, and just enjoy it.
    HEY !!! You can't quote MSW surf predictions on here.

I can feel Mr. Swellinfo Guy's rage a brewing.

You know those guys are foreigners, right?

And foreigners can't predict American waves properly. It has something to do with the metric system or something.

BUY AMERICAN when buying surf predictions !!

George Washington didn't kill the Germans and Japanese for you to be getting surf predictions from Europe, man.[/QUOTE]

dear ghost of pjb...i admire your witty banter way too much to get suckered into one of those on-line tiffs... "Noticed nobody has complained aboot me calling YT "Them" and "Those people""

and i always wondered why msw was an average 1 ft predicted larger than most...i always cross-reference when in doubt, checking swell, msw, surfline, surf-forecast, and NEsurf (probably on average the best up here, but limited daily timeline)