LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Well, if I remember correctly, OP took some week-long private lessons in Hawaii, and he trains intensively, so he may be ready for more than the average newb.

Nonetheless, I agree with Ghost about the exotic locales being absolutely unnecessary. If OP has only surfed a total of 21 days, does it really make sense to go to Bali for a week? Or two?

I'd recommend something more amenable to beginners, whether it be in Centro, Mexico, or California. Then again, perhaps I am under-appreciating the value of private lessons on world class waves....

To afford Bali, but only for a week ... que lastima

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of SJB View Post
    Hey, please allow me to comment on this matter.

Surfnewby, go to Avon, NC. You'll love it. They got a Food Lion there and a pier.
    food lion got caught faking its sell-by-date labels (really).
    its new name is lyin food.

Santa Cruz, next question?

Quote Originally Posted by Slashdog View Post
    Well, if I remember correctly, OP took some week-long private lessons in Hawaii, and he trains intensively, so he may be ready for more than the average newb.

Nonetheless, I agree with Ghost about the exotic locales being absolutely unnecessary. If OP has only surfed a total of 21 days, does it really make sense to go to Bali for a week? Or two?

I'd recommend something more amenable to beginners, whether it be in Centro, Mexico, or California. Then again, perhaps I am under-appreciating the value of private lessons on world class waves....

To afford Bali, but only for a week ... que lastima
    The lessons in Hawaii were really good, but the ones in Costa Rica 2 months ago were far better. I think it's because the instructor was a considerably better surfer and the conditions were also much harder. That being said, of course it didn't make me a pro and I would never dream of paddling out in double overhead. However, a shoulder height wave would be perfect for me, crystal clear warm water would also be a nice plus.

Leaning towards Mexico or maybe even south shore Oahu, or maybe a different island.

If not for this thing called a career I'd be on a plane already....

Images
    Florida is the new Belmar.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Florida is the new Belmar.
    But just a few feet bigger. #sorrybelmar

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    But just a few feet bigger. #sorrybelmar
    Hahahaha! Sh!t the #SaltLife HQ is down there too.