LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pavones

Pavones

Hi Swellinfo, looking for some Costa Rica info. Was wondering if anyone has made the drive from SJO to Pavones? Is it even worth attempting? I know I can fly in, but I want to be flexible in case the surf sucks. I've heard all sorts of things about getting to Pavones, but most of the info out there seems dated.
    Last edited by Aqua-Meg; Jun 19, 2014 at 03:17 AM.

i find it hard to take new members threads seriously sometimes

fwiw consider this a free bump

More specifically, from Dominical to Pavones.

About 10 years ago my ex-boyfriend and I were all set to make the trek out there, but the surf forecast looked horrible so we opted to stay in Hermosa. Hoping to finally make it this time. I know a bus goes there, but as a female (possibly traveling alone) I think i'll pass on that option.

Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    i find it hard to take new members threads seriously sometimes

fwiw consider this a free bump
    Tru dat tard. Micah should make it so that only Sharc*** can see treads made by SI kooknoobs until they have so many approved of posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua-Meg View Post
    More specifically, from Dominical to Pavones.

About 10 years ago my ex-boyfriend and I were all set to make the trek out there, but the surf forecast looked horrible so we opted to stay in Hermosa. Hoping to finally make it this time. I know a bus goes there, but as a female (possibly traveling alone) I think i'll pass on that option.
    Wait...so you're a wahine? This changes everything.

Images
    [/QUOTE]Wait...so you're a wahine? This changes everything.[/QUOTE]

True that. And she sort of did provide your requisite pic in her avatar (charging a decent wave no less)...now about the selfie...

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post

Wait...so you're a wahine? This changes everything.
    NOW you have their attention. work 'em.

It's a long haul to Pavones just to surf a crowded left hander full of gringos that think they own the place. It's a full days drive from Dominical (used to be). there's plenty of long empty waves from Boca Barranca (primero ola) and Playa Ballena. hows about some nekkid buttocks pics?

Pavones
    Best way is to fly in.
    6 hrs from Hermosa. Last two hrs r on bad roads.
    Not much down there.
    The wave is long. Worth the trip if you have time.
    Best bet is just go and stay flexible.
    Plenty of waves in Hermosa!!

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    It's a long haul to Pavones just to surf a crowded left hander full of gringos that think they own the place.
    some of them do real estate-wise. i heard of at least one fatal argument (for the gringo)
    over land rights there.

Images
    Hey meg is you need a travel partner? I can do it so you won't travel alone, hell, I'll be your body guard if you pay in food like beans and rice. I need a surf trip so bad I'm losing it man.