LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pavones

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    calm down,

there's plenty to go aroun'

Look where this thread about "Pavones" ended up. Amazing.
    give 'em enough rope and they will…...

Stupid. Some guys apparently like surfing the internet more than a world class left. That wave is amazing. Obnoxiously crowded at times, but incredible. Yes, count on 7+ hours, but all worth it if you get one from the rivermouth to the restaurant.IMG_1549.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bungalowparkbob View Post
    Stupid. Some guys apparently like surfing the internet more than a world class left. That wave is amazing. Obnoxiously crowded at times, but incredible. Yes, count on 7+ hours, but all worth it if you get one from the rivermouth to the restaurant.IMG_1549.jpg
    Yeah bro!, I almost forgot: the agony of da feet! You better toughen your feet up before you go down there so you can make the long walk back over some stones and such. Get some callouses on the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    Yeah bro!, I almost forgot: the agony of da feet! You better toughen your feet up before you go down there so you can make the long walk back over some stones and such. Get some callouses on the soul.
    chicama has a jet-ski assist type water taxi. find 'pulpo' cause he da man.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua-Meg View Post
    Hi Swellinfo, looking for some Costa Rica info. Was wondering if anyone has made the drive from SJO to Pavones? Is it even worth attempting? I know I can fly in, but I want to be flexible in case the surf sucks. I've heard all sorts of things about getting to Pavones, but most of the info out there seems dated.
    worth it, potentially yes if you like 1/4 mile lefts. It will take a day to get there from SJO, make sure you have a 4x4, especially in the summer rain season.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua-Meg View Post
    Here you go.. Put your arm around this. A little more what your used to? Glad I could helpAttachment 11245
    So gots sumpin to hold on to so she don't buck you off.

I'm too cool for close outs = u suck!

The roads have all been improved over the last couple of years and it's an easy drive. Takes about 8 hours from SJO with stops for fuel/food.

Quote Originally Posted by TPK View Post
    The roads have all been improved over the last couple of years and it's an easy drive. Takes about 8 hours from SJO with stops for fuel/food.
    when they improved the roads did they dilute the concrete...again?