LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is it too late to skate?

Kind of a stupid thread/discussion but I hope it can start some discussion amongst "swellinfoians".

It is 11:13, I live in a quiet residential neighborhood and know all of my neighbors.

Is it too late too skate? There is no wind and no noise, you can hear a pin drop.

I am thinking if I ride a carver board and carve around instead of noisy ollies and loud wheels I can get away with it and I'll go the next block over.

...this is only semi serious but give it a sec for thought, no just "yeah yeah go for it" (or maybe that)

GO SKATE NOW... GET OFF YOUR INTERNET. Assuming your rocking softies/gels that **** is ninja stealth. I love quiet night sessions.. but dont think cars can see you. Dont wear headphones, you can hear them from a 1/2 mile away.

Get off the internet go, go Now.

Bro. I skate at 3am some nights. After hitting the 1am sesh and the 11pm and 3pm ones too. Go surfskate everywhere now and don't give a damn about people that wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

As for watching out for other cars, I'm 100% aware of my environment at all times while on the Carver. Down to pebbles and grains of sand in the road. Literally. All of those things are factoring into your safety. Therefore, I have headphones on no problem since I'm looking up and down the street constantly and over each shoulder repeatedly just like paddling into a wave and then riding it. I'm safer than anyone walking or driving and protect myself from any reach they have with their kookery.

Get up from your seat now, close the laptop, throw your hi-tops on, run out the door with your surfskate and go out for a rip. Now.

On my way. Thanks. U the man.

Yeah I rock headphones too, but I needed to show a little restraint just in case this kids parents come after me once his face gets flattened by some drunk as$hole.

I would think it would be more of a safety issue.
    Assuming that you'd be on the street, how well lit (lighted?) is it? Would you be able to see any object on the street or road condition that you'd want to avoid? And how visible would you be to drivers?

Skate or die bro.

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    I would think it would be more of a safety issue.
    Assuming that you'd be on the street, how well lit (lighted?) is it? Would you be able to see any object on the street or road condition that you'd want to avoid? And how visible would you be to drivers?
    Thats what I’m saying. It’s a lil more dangerous and you have to be more aware, which is why I was showing a little restraint. I usually have it set so I can hear my wheels, unless I’m working a parking lot bank or something.
    Last edited by ElSalt; Jun 19, 2014 at 03:46 AM.

Images
    Night skating is best at businesses that are usually unskateable during the day because they are open. How close are you to your neighbors? Are they young, old, perhaps exskaters? All these things make a difference. My brother used to skate with his dog pulling him. If you have a dog you have to walk him. I'd say with a dog you get a free pass.