LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I live in a downtown that is fairly well lit and later at night is double the width as no cars are parked anymore. Since last July, I've gone up and down these streets thousands of times, literally. I skate it January and in June and know the topography to the point I could shut one eye and do fine. In Mass, there are potholes and rocky roads everywhere so you get a sixth sense for your terrain. It's like when a sandbar moves from a storm and starts pumping again - when the streetsweepers hit you have a whole new set of waves that were covered up prior or at least you couldn't get the same speed leading up to because of sand or rocks. After skating these roads in fall and winter rain, snow and rubbish, summer pave is like surfing perpetual glass.

I've night skated in so many cities and on so many roads I'm quick to absorb the surroundings. I have tunes cranked to da max on the phones and that's fine because it's all visual for outside elements. Drivers are such kooks that if you're going on the sound of them it's probably too late. Plus, light travels faster than sound and I can see headlights well before I could hear any oncoming cars.

My town is pretty dope for inclines/declines so it's got a lot to offer. In one square mile I'd say there's 50-60 asphalt waves breaking good to great that are ready to be hacked to pieces.

Always check your equipment before going out for a rip, especially when hitting speed and/or hills/pools. Always have a pair of skate kicks that you don't wear out otherwise so they have superior grip. Always have the fattest beats in those phones so you can sculpt your style and I highly suggest playing sick tunes that you saw someone crush lines to in a nasty skate vid. Puts you in the scene yourself. And always, always rock shades from dawn til dusk, if for nothing other than style. Amber lenses suggested. If you've got the whole visual absorption thing down then you're set.

Lastly, don't try any of this at home because none of you have more than nine lives like Spicoli and I should've been deader than the Ghost of SJB back in the 90s. Just hasn't happened so I rock on with no relent.

FLY A BANNER FOR ETERNAL SURFSKATING FREEDOM

Just got back, happy.

Well, I have night skated my whole life, it is just SO quiet out tonight. That and everyone knows if they heard a board its probably me. I was brief at my local spots and then ventured across town a bit to about a block away from a highway so i figure I was good because it masked the sound.

I feel better now.

Good bro. Glad you did and so are you. Couple things...don't need to schitt where you eat if you're worried about sound. Just go over a few streets like you did. If you live in a half normal/abnormal, non-rustic town then there are stranger wails, cries, and sounds than the screech of 55mm wheels on pave. Second, are you this apologetic when a fine wahine wants da biz and you consider the combo of her vocal skills plus the acoustics in your neighborhood? Bro, smoke em if you got em.

I'm pretty sure you are supposed to just skate till somebody yells at you to "knock that sh!t off and get the funk outta here!!!" then move a street or two down and repeat.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you are supposed to just skate till somebody yells at you to "knock that sh!t off and get the funk outta here!!!" then move a street or two down and repeat.
    BasicalLy, there's this really smooth road across from my house and theres this old grouchy lady that lives there and claims it's her road. So I'm just skating (carver) there in peace and she pulls up and shes like "no skateboarding!" and drives away. It's so stupid its the only nice road around my house.

Quote Originally Posted by HighOnLife View Post
    BasicalLy, there's this really smooth road across from my house and theres this old grouchy lady that lives there and claims it's her road. So I'm just skating (carver) there in peace and she pulls up and shes like "no skateboarding!" and drives away. It's so stupid its the only nice road around my house.
    Cool story bro. Now, about getting the last 23 seconds of my life back...

I don't skate skate, but I longboard and ride slide boards. Now I would go take my slide board up to this big hill in the area and bomb/slide all night. And sliding a board is loud. No one one that street ever said anything to me but I definitely felt like a jerk sometimes. Not my neighbors though so I would go for it anyway

Images
    I was skating at like 11 the other night I hit a rock and hand planted on the ground and got some bad rock cuts but it was fun.

Images
    Night skating is the teets.

Quote Originally Posted by BassMon View Post
    I don't skate skate, but I longboard and ride slide boards.
    Listen carefully, SI 'skaters.'